Did you know it was possible to retire a retiring player's jersey number?

Wege

That's pretty cool. You tend to hear more about it in American sports, well I follow the NBA and a lot of teams have retired numbers. I think there are a couple of teams that have retired the number 23 due to Michael Jordan wearing it for the Chicago Bulls, you know you were good when other teams retire your number.

i wonder what criteria are needed to retire a jersey, i'm in 2044 and have had 3 players play for about 15 years at the club and get 500 games. So far none have had this option even though two were listed as legends of the club. Both also had the club in their favoured clubs

In Spain is it not possible to retire numbers. If you remember Antonio Puerta, who died on the pitch few years ago, Sevilla wasn't able to retire his number due to this stupid 25-number rule.

Otherwise I never encountered this great feature - ever. Although it wasn't really possible, as I usually do not leave players retire from my club, but I sell them. They always ask for huge wages for their age and I would rather get rid of them, regardless of what kind of legends or icons they are.

yeah i havent seen this either, retired 4 club legends as well so far :( I wonder if they have to have used the same number the whole time?

My MC/ST wore the number one shirt for 12 of his 16 seasons but didn't get the option :(

Maybe it only happens with preferred squad numbers? This would mean all newgens wouldn't get the option.

My MC/ST wore the number one shirt for 12 of his 16 seasons but didn't get the option :(

Maybe it only happens with preferred squad numbers? This would mean all newgens wouldn't get the option.

that could make more sense, none of my players had a preferred squad number even if they had the same number all the way through.

Archived