Is FM 2012 just FM 2011 patch 11.4?

Are we getting anything more than menu/option changes and a data update?

What has been improved regarding:

- Match engine and ratings system

- AI squad building (AI transfers and development of youth)

- Regen system

- Player development models

SI haven't said anything about these areas, so can we please know what improvements (if any) are being made in these core game areas?

-Regen system

SI haven't said anything about these areas, so can we please know what improvements (if any) are being made in these core game areas?

they've already talked about the regen system the blogs, and the ME gets improved every patch, let alone every FM, reads the blogs, or just wait for the demo to find out

- Regen system

If you had lost five minutes to read the blogs, you'd quickly realize why this thread is pointless!

- Regen system

Read the blogs at the top of the forum.

Read the blogs at the top of the forum.

Some of these points have been addressed in the blogs, like the youth and regens, but the biggest game flaw is the AI squad building that tmonkey has asked, and as of yet I have not seen any comments showing that SI has listened to the complaints over the last 12 months on that front. Also have they looked in to what you answer in press conferences being more important than the players you pick or tactics you use at times.

The Ai will be a constant work in progress tho, like the ME there is no need to make a blog on it, they will be improving it as and when they can. Unless they are doing a major revamp of something i wouldn't expect to see a blog on it.

Exactly, until they design an artificial brain-like game engine, the AI will never match up to a user - it's as simple as that. All any game developer can do is try to code the in game AI to behave as closely as possible to us, a job I can't imagine is very easy to say the least!

As far as the Demo is concerned, I don't consider it a true representation of the final product - purely a taster of the new features - and as such I would never base my decision to buy it based solely on playing it.

Isn't the squad builder analysis thing theyve introduced (that goes really in depth - comparing everything between teams) going to be used by the AI too? So in theory they also have more info and can hopefully therefore realise what they need in order to stay competitive in the league/what they need to improve or go beyond what the current leading team are doing?

Exactly, until they design an artificial brain-like game engine, the AI will never match up to a user - it's as simple as that. All any game developer can do is try to code the in game AI to behave as closely as possible to us, a job I can't imagine is very easy to say the least!.

The AI was better at team building 10 year ago. They seem to get worse every year. Its just a part of the game that seems neglected in favour of adding new (more visible) stuff instead.

I think SI only seem to concentrate on the now and first 2 or 3 seasons of a save, and what ever happens after that is just wasted time.

[...] but the biggest game flaw is the AI squad building that tmonkey has asked, and as of yet I have not seen any comments showing that SI has listened to the complaints over the last 12 months on that front. [...]

Maybe it was too late to implement it in 2012? If this discussion has been going on only this past year, and they probably started working on 2012 right after 2011 got launched. Or has this been a discussed problem for longer? Same with some other issues that were maybe raised after they already were well on their way coding 2012.

And/or they have chosen to focus on the changes they thought were more appealing. Like the 'Manage anywhere' feature which I really like (and prob prefer over a better AI squad building).

Btw. FM 2012 will be €50 for Dutch customers. But that's not only the price on Steam, but also in the major retail shops. So I think Steam is just keeping the same price as the rest, c.q. there may be illegal price agreements amongst retail and online. :(

The AI was better at team building 10 year ago. They seem to get worse every year. Its just a part of the game that seems neglected in favour of adding new (more visible) stuff instead.

I think SI only seem to concentrate on the now and first 2 or 3 seasons of a save, and what ever happens after that is just wasted time.

The AI wasnt better 10 years ago, were you as good at squad buliding ten years ago as you are now tho? Probably not. The AI will only ever be so strong, it will never ever come close to matching a human, especially not one with 10 or more years experience of FM. Its an area i can guarentee you is worked on for every single edition of the game.

i think the developers are under pressure from the investor to always release a game each year. but in reality it should be every 2 years or more, because the changes is more like patches. they don't do anything to the mechanics but tweaking. the training system has been the same for years, they only change appearance for stuff like that.

it's the same with the fifa series on consoles.

SI can't really address every complaint they get about the game in the blogs, as there are thousands every year. I've got a whole list which I have mentioned on the forum over the last year including the AI squad building issue but mostly about the editor, of which I've not seen anything from SI to say this year will be improved.

But I'm going to wait until all the blogs have been released before complaining again, as they might still be addressed. Be patient.

Archived