Anyone else struggling to start a new game?

With FM12 just over a month away I am pretty reluctant to start a new game with FM11. I am trying to play some of my saves instead. I do feel like I want to start a new game but im struggling just because I know the new game is so close and with my going to be buying it release day I know id just never pick FM11 again...

I have tried but became infuriarated after remembering the hard way that standard football manager tactics eg. 442 will make you lose too much while 433 with 3 out and out strikers and 3 cms will make you vastly overachieve. the death of 442 and wingers in fm11 is over the top exaggerated to a point where the 442 becomes useless even against teams that play 442!

aaaargh pulling my hair out, frustrated at having to always play 433 to win games. i love wingers :-(

Golaxi, I play 4-4-2 (without anything particularly special to it) and still win most of my games, I had an 80 match undefeated streak recently even. Not meant as a brag, just, it *is* possible to win with 4-4-2, although admitedly I have had to resort to 4-3-3 against some teams, because it just seems like some just.. have the knack against 4-4-2 wheras others will dominate 4-3-3 but lose to 4-4-2. It's a tough choice really.

Just did 11 seasons with my Ipswich save,

Got my new PC today and well could not be bothered transferring the steamapps for that 1 game(I bought 4 games at the Summer sale to tide me over that I have not played yet,all other games are either completed or total trash).

I must admit though with the new pc I really wanted to see how much quicker FM ran so d/l it again on Steam but could not even get past the select a team part...just the thought that it was only going to be for a couple of weeks just put me off.

I guess I will wait another 4 weeks and find out then how much quicker the game runs ;)

With FM12 just over a month away I am pretty reluctant to start a new game with FM11. I am trying to play some of my saves instead. I do feel like I want to start a new game but im struggling just because I know the new game is so close and with my going to be buying it release day I know id just never pick FM11 again...

over a month? its exactly 1 month. and no i cant get into a game now that its so close to release.

Yep, but taking advantage of the situation to experiment with leagues I've not played before. Finished my big save about 3 weeks ago, and have since played a season each in Italy's Serie C, the J-League (database from the Editor's Hideout), and now Brazil Serie B. If the demo still takes another week to come out (hoping earlier), maybe South Africa will beckon.

I'm still playing FM10 (didn't buy FM11)

Same. It's not likely that i'll be getting FM12 but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Anyway, I had a cracking save going on FM10 with Union Berlin and then Levante, I managed to get 8 1/2 seasons into it and then snookered my hard drive meaning I lost everything (I've since started saving my games to memory stick, just in case).

Currently i'm 2 1/2 seasons into another new save. Took over Palace, finished midtable and surprised myself by winning the FA Cup with them, hoped i'd be poached by a bigger club over the summer but it didn't happen, after finishing bottom of our Europa League group and an indifferent start to the new season I got bored, resigned from my job and took over the vacant position at Bolton who I took to 12th (From 19th) and an FA Cup final. We're doing surprisingly well (7th just past the halfway mark and into the League Cup final), so i'll see this season out and see what becomes available. Really hoping O'Neill or Moyes get the sack/leave, would love to manage Villa or Everton next.

Archived