Do you ever sign a player with low decisions attribute?

I have found a player that I would like to sign a strong and fast CB who is very good in the air. However his decisions attribute is 7 and he is 23 years old, is there any chance this could be improved enough for him to be a decent EPL level CB or is it just too low?

Have you ever signed a defensive player with low decisions?

i must admit its a very important stat for me when looking for center backs, although i have other players in the squad with low decisions who do not seem to do stupid things and play well so maybe im too picky. I dont think at 23 there would be a huge scope for improving it althought im sure you could get it up a few points.

well one of my top centre backs has decisions of 13, but the rest of his attributes more than make up for it, i guess if he has other mental stats in the right places then you can compensate a bit, my guy has high anticipation, composure and concentration, he also has very good positioning, so i guess he covers for some of his poorer decisons with those attribute. Although he has a bad habbit of getting sent off for 2 yellows usually when caught out or mistiming a tackle.

Pace, Determination, Decisions, Anticipation, Technique. These four influence just about anything a player does on the pitch at all times. As Milnerpoint said, being awesome in everything else may help, but 7 in Decisions will have negative consequences and eventually cost you points. If you fight for glory in all competitions every year I wouldn't recommend him because then you would have to be that picky. If you aren't quite there yet in terms of competitive level I'd say go for it!

Well, I'm not exactly sure what the decisions attribute means, but I do know that it is one of the most important attributes ball use. My feeling is that decisions don't affect say whether the shot is on target/pass is aimed for a player but more whether it is staight at the keepr/there is an opposition player in the way. Your centreback may not score as many headed goals from cnrs with a lower decisions stat, but I don't know that it affects defending. I always rate decisions as one of the most important attribute for creative players like wingers. For centre back I like (apart from obvious tackling, marking, heading, jumping) height (pref 190cm +), pace, concentration, positioning, bravery, and balance.

Well, I'm not exactly sure what the decisions attribute means, but I do know that it is one of the most important attributes ball use. My feeling is that decisions don't affect say whether the shot is on target/pass is aimed for a player but more whether it is staight at the keepr/there is an opposition player in the way. Your centreback may not score as many headed goals from cnrs with a lower decisions stat, but I don't know that it affects defending. I always rate decisions as one of the most important attribute for creative players like wingers. For centre back I like (apart from obvious tackling, marking, heading, jumping) height (pref 190cm +), pace, concentration, positioning, bravery, and balance.

It influences his decisions. When to tackle and when to stand on his feet, when to use the Marking attribute and when to use Positioning, when to Pass and to whom (Creativity/Passing), when to Dribble and when to Pass, when to shoot and when to hit a through ball (Finishing, Long Shots, Composure, Balance, Flair, Creativity, Passing), when to clear the ball and when it is a good idea to pass calmly using his Composure attribute. Basically, whenever the player is involved (either with or without the ball) his Decisions attribute will calculate which Technical Attribute to use and thus it takes presedence over whatever he does on the pitch. So yes it is an important attribute.

Decisions is a pretty key attribute anywhere on the pitch really. If it was a lower league player who has good rating for other key attributes then I might be prepared to overlook this, however if you're a top side I would probably pass. Another thing to consider is what sort of passing style you play, if you're just hoofing long balls then he should be ok, if you're playing a more mixed passing style then he will struggle. Very low creative freedom could help too, though as he's a CB you'd probably do this anyway.

Decisions is a pretty key attribute anywhere on the pitch really. If it was a lower league player who has good rating for other key attributes then I might be prepared to overlook this, however if you're a top side I would probably pass. Another thing to consider is what sort of passing style you play, if you're just hoofing long balls then he should be ok, if you're playing a more mixed passing style then he will struggle. Very low creative freedom could help too, though as he's a CB you'd probably do this anyway.

I don't think anyone here gives creative freedom to CB; they are only there for defense solely.

If the defender have low decision and mixed passing is allowed, I generally see defenders moving the ball out to wings.

I don't think It is quite a problem higher league even, if the prime attribute are okay.

I see it as a key stat for creative players and anyone from the midfield onwards. The one thing that irritates me the most is players who have an obvious option and decide to do something stupid instead - I see it as absolutely vital to make effective attacking moves. I suppose it's important too defensively but lately I've tended to stick to very solid defensive setups (4 at the back plus 2 DMs), and always have very very strong players physically so trust them to reach the ball quickly and in numbers, even if they may not be very clever on deciding when to press the forwards.

A CB with decisions 7 must surely cause havoc when playing the offside trap!

However, noikeee from Madeira Island (gosh) is right on the money: the decision stat works in tandem with the 'creative freedom' slider. A CB with low creative freedom will not rely on it as much as a creating player. Hence why we see the likes of Skrtel and Bramble being able to carve out a career in football.

I always had the difficulty to see the difference between decision and anticipation. But I have a central midfield who is 11 in decision and 11 in anticipation, he's world class (20 in creativity, passing, tackle, corner, free kick, long shot and high physical attributes). I give him order keep ball.

Archived