Manager Holiday - Be gone!

Ok just wondered if many people use this feature as I find that it really takes a lot of fun out of the game. I often sign the very best possible players and then once Im half way through a season I know my fate holiday till the end. I wish that this wasn't part of the game. Just wondered what others thought about the "Manager holiday".. good or bad? Obviously you can say "just dont do it!" etc.. But i find that me and a few mates do it alot.

-Use when making custom leagues and testing them out.

-Use when running experiments and Challenges.

-Use when You want to see what the FM world is like in 50 years when left to it's own devices.

Keep it in I say.

but if they scrap the holiday button we won't get all those really interesting threads that are hundreds of years into the future! giving us exciting info on how the world has changed and who dominates for how long/if at all!

/end sarcasm

I use it from time to time. I'm a parent and have a busy job, it's just not feasible to sit down and micromanage with the time I have available. At least with holiday mode I can get a season done in a week and a half if I'm lucky. It's a godsend; If it wasn't there it'd take me a month to do a season!!!

When i was a student many moons ago I never used it because i spent all my time playing FM and eating microwave pizza.

I think it's a great addition because it allows FM to fit in and be flexible into the dynamic lifestyles of a wide demographic of users. Many other games simply don't offer that, which is why I don't really play them any more.

This made me laugh. I can imagine, 20 minutes into a match, your team go 3-0 up, your manager puts on his coat, grabs a suitcase from behind the seat, waves to the assistant manager and pegs it to the airport for a quick break in the sun.

Last week in my real life team's game I went to a bar at half time.

It was 6-1 to us. I'd set up 3.. done my bit, had to be up early in the morning and it would have been easily another 2hrs before getting home otherwise. The game started at 9pm. Coach was fine with it. We went on to win 9-2.

Every now and again I have a holiday team or two running in the background from my main team. It's usually a lower level side that I like to try and improve during the transfer windows and monitor how they do during the season.

I'll add my support for this being a cracking idea.

Haven't read through this. But I use it all the time.

Sometimes I've won the League by Start of April (sometimes end March)

So I take a break and let the Ass Man do it. Unless I have youngsters that need run outs. Then I'll stick around.

Or I'll put just the say 4 youngsters into the spots, and then holiday telling Ass Man to use selected squad. He'll fill in blanks himself.

I definitely don't use it when I'm actively managing a club, but it can be very very useful for all the reasons mentioned above. Challenges/experiments/tests, bypassing errors, unemployment dullness, national manager dullness, etc etc.

How on earth would I be able to register the correct allocation of players in Europe / Domestic League when I don't have the required amount of home grown players? Nuff said.

By leaving a number of blank spaces in your selection which is equal to the number of players you are short by.

You do realise that not being able to register a full squad if you don't have enough home grown players isn't a bug, you simply have to leave enough blank spaces. So for example, if you need 8 home grown players and only have 7 then you can register those 7 and simply leave a single space in your squad selection, but if you only had 4 home grown players then you would need to leave 4 spaces free in your squad selection.

Why do so few people know this?

By leaving a number of blank spaces in your selection which is equal to the number of players you are short by.

You do realise that not being able to register a full squad if you don't have enough home grown players isn't a bug, you simply have to leave enough blank spaces. So for example, if you need 8 home grown players and only have 7 then you can register those 7 and simply leave a single space in your squad selection, but if you only had 4 home grown players then you would need to leave 4 spaces free in your squad selection.

Why do so few people know this?

To be fair, I don't think it's really expressed all that clearly. Although, it must be said that most people should figure it out fairly easily. That rule seems a somewhat moot point in my save... It's seems most teams can't fulfill the squad requirements and just opt to go with smaller squads. After moving to Valencia, I found that they were woefully short on options on that front. I've had to sign youth players and really nurture my academy prospects with the hope of finally having more than just one club, and three national homegrown players.

Archived