What will everyones routine be for OCT 21ST ??

Same as last year, up around 7 when my little lad is up, straight to tesco to get the game. Keeps the missus happy for the clubcard points and last year got a free pizza if i remember correctly!! Home, install, play constantly until i hear the divorce papers hit the mat from the postman!!!!

Fill in divorce papers, shave and back to the game!

This year I will only play the demo and await to see what happens re bugs etc. So on the 21st October (incidentally) my wife's birthday, so limited in what I can do, I will check on here to see what you guys think of the game.

I will then wait until Steam or another company drop the price and if not, then will probably buy it December/January time if I can hold myself off that long.

for me the word is .... WAIT.

Stand back and see how many people report problems with activation, how buggy the game is out of the box and then wait to see if people are satisfied with the patch. I'll also wait for reports on just how superior FM12 is to FM11 because I don't see any great developments tbh. Like Kazza above, i may well wait until December to buy FM12, if I do at all.

I will load up FM11... play FM11 until Feb and the inevitable 3rd patch... then buy FM12.

It's what we all should do. They keep releasing unfinished games to be out in time for christmas.

The finished article is released in Feb the next year.

Otherwise, Oct - Feb will be spent whinging about gamebreaking bugs. I'd rather spend that time enjoying a finished FM11.

Cheers!

I will load up FM11... play FM11 until Feb and the inevitable 3rd patch... then buy FM12.

It's what we all should do. They keep releasing unfinished games to be out in time for christmas.

The finished article is released in Feb the next year.

Otherwise, Oct - Feb will be spent whinging about gamebreaking bugs. I'd rather spend that time enjoying a finished FM11.

Cheers!

Thousands of players around the world can test the game better than a bunch of betatesters so it's normal to have patches and BTW SI manages patches in a gorgeous way.

I agree with you only for super major bugs only, sometimes it is almost impossible beta testers miss them.

I've already pre-ordered it off steam so at midnight I guess I'll load it up and have a play about for a bit...

Good thing about living in the States is that I can get the game Friday evening around 7ish (Although I seem to remember it was available for download a little earlier than that last year).

So my routine will be get home, cook dinner, get the kids packed off to bed early and then start a game with a BSS or BSN side. I'm eyeing up Tonbridge Angels this time around I reckon.

Seriously, it's released on the last day of my holiday off work. Download around midnight, sleep. Wake up, trip to Asda for 6 litres of cherry coke, 2 or 3 pizzas, family guy season 10. Return home, download all graphic packs. Start the game, and play while binging, until the missus returns :( but meh, I'll have most of the day. :D

Start mucking around with the game at midnight (or whenever it unlocks), familiarizing myself with the new interface and some of the new features, then eventually go to sleep and spend the entire Friday impatiently refreshing the CS&E forum waiting for the new dafuge's challenge thread. :(

Get up

Get kids up

Feed kids

Go to work and leave kids with wife

Work

Go home

Eat dinner with family

Put kids to bed

Start FM

Play FM for ½ hour

Go to indoor football

Be awesome at indoor football

Go home and shower (and shave and use deodorant for my new mistress)

Start up FM again and play until my puls goes "________________________________________"

Revive

Play some more FM and then go to doctor (I'll bring the laptop to play FM while waiting for papa doc)

A typical friday for me..

Start mucking around with the game at midnight (or whenever it unlocks), familiarizing myself with the new interface and some of the new features, then eventually go to sleep and spend the entire Friday impatiently refreshing the CS&E forum waiting for the new dafuge's challenge thread. :(

As usual, the game is released on a day when I'm at work, so it will be Friday evening at the absolute earliest.

thats just because you will already have your free copy ;) hahaha

I can practically guarantee that most everyone will be playing FM12 before I am.

I can't download it off Steam because of my bandwidth caps, but I can activate the boxed version. Have to wait for it to arrive in the post first though.

British Royal Mail + Spanish Correos =

12_snail_mail.gif

I can practically guarantee that most everyone will be playing FM12 before I am.

I can't download it off Steam because of my bandwidth caps, but I can activate the boxed version. Have to wait for it to arrive in the post first though.

12_snail_mail.gif

That true then, dealt with an awkard customer a few months ago who made the exact same shout, said i'd be as well not posting anything such was the pot luck they had in receiving correspondence.

12_snail_mail.gif

You mean they dont DHL it to you? The shame on SI!! :D

My routine will actually start a few hours before the 21st ;):

Between now and Thursday Oct. 20th:

1. Patiently wait for the pre-download

2. Pre-download FM12 to 99%

3. Wait...

And of course, go to school, feed turtles, clean turtles and the tank every day...

Night of Thursday, Oct 20th (since I'm Canadian I get it a few hours before Friday for most of you on the other side of the Atlantic :p):

1. Download remaining 1%

2. Start game

3. Checks MLS if SI really did improve it, Check the Toronto FC squad and their ratings. Check out all the lovely new features.

IF I SEE PROBLEMS:

3a. Spam FM12 bugs forum on how terribly they implemented MLS this year and say SORTITOUTSI

IF NO PROBLEMS (proceed to step 4):

4. Post opening post of 'rancer890's FM12 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge' on SI forums (provided it doesn't crash like every year...)

5. Load every league and start career game :)

On Fri, Oct 21st:

1. Wake up at 9am

2. Play FM12

3. Go to school and during lecture, instead of making notes, I devise tactical systems and lists of transfer targets, and use my maths to stay within my budgets. Or do a bit of note taking and think of FM when he starts talking too fast and getting everyone clueless with his explanations.

4. Go home, play FM, eat, play FM, eat dinner, play FM, shower, play FM, sleep.

people make me laugh saying they wont bebuying it or will be waiting too..they know full well theyll go out and buy it that day, you wouldent be on these forums as much if u wasent.

ill be taking my first and only sick day of the year getting the game around 730 am, a workout why its installing and loading a new game, play for a few hours little afternoon nap then a long session into the early hours

Wake up for work but before I leave put teh game downloading on Steam (unless they do a pre-load)

Finish work and rush home, start a save.

Go for my Friday night Chinese with my friend. Getting take away.

Home for a 3 player hot seat game until the early hours of the morning.

Normal day at work, gym on the way home. Cook some dinner then finally sit down at about 8pm to pray that the Steam activation works.

I'll probably get my challenge up and running and start off my own game before going to bed. Up early the next day to start what will probably be a week long FM session as I'm off work :D

Archived