Annoying messages about strikers not scoring

One thing that I've found annoying is when I get media questions abous specific players on my team being on scoring droughts when they're not playing striker. Most recently, it was Landon Donovan who I was getting messages about not scoring, even though he was scoring at a good rate for a winger where I was playing him. But any time that he went 5 or so games without scoring, I'd get asked about his lack of goal scoring form. A similar issue happens with the media referring to specific players as "wingers" or "strikers" or "fullbacks" even when they never play those positions on my team... Anyone else annoyed by these messages or have a way to get around them?

Yeah, I occasionally get this too. I have a AML/ST and most of the time I play him on the wing because his stats are more winger based than striker based.

I guess it's a simple case that the game gets confused when a player is capable of playing in multiple positions? I've not really seen any problems to the extent that you're describing though. I'm not sure whether the game takes into account the amount a player plays in a certain position, so therefore you may get some odd statements from time to time.

Of course, I'm speculating but that's my take on it.

I have a player who is a natural AMC but is also an accomplished striker so i played him there one game due to injuries, and it has only been one game, and i get this constantly.

Another media comment that annoys me is the press conference question that says something like " there was a bit of a collectors item for you today a goal from such and such! how do you feel about this"

This happens regularly for me for players such as my CM who scores around 10 goals per season or my CB who often scores from corners and because of the options for answers in the press conference i have to say he has been working hard on that side of his game and we are all delighted for him or some nonsense so that they dont become unhappy.

Exactly why I don't do press conferences. Same questions over and over and over again. I know it's part of a football managers world. But there needs to be a much larger variety to make it interesting, with less impacts on players feelings, c'mon they're adults unless you say you hate them and will never play them again then they shouldn't be getting unhappy.

Its annoying when you sign a player who can play in 2 positions say midfield and defence, and you bought him to play in midfield then all the defenders get upset because of 2 much competition for places.

Defender 'I'm worried about all the players who can play in my position'

Me 'Its ok, I bought him to play in midfield, your still my first choice defender'

Defender 'I want a transfer, and even if I play every game I'll still be unhappy'

All this could easily be fixed by letting us decide in which position our players are intended to be used. Now this is done automatically and the squad screen often becomes one great mess because of it. D/WB L's are put in a completely different place than D L's, for instance, even though you don't use wingbacks. If this was customizable, and the game recognized where you intend to play your players, stuff like Born2Killzone mentioned wouldn't happen.

All this could easily be fixed by letting us decide in which position our players are intended to be used. Now this is done automatically and the squad screen often becomes one great mess because of it. D/WB L's are put in a completely different place than D L's, for instance, even though you don't use wingbacks. If this was customizable, and the game recognized where you intend to play your players, stuff like Born2Killzone mentioned wouldn't happen.

I agree. When I sign a 15 year old player he's put into the senior squad. And I have to manually move them to the youth team.

I'd like the option during contract negotiations with the player to specify these things.

Squad [senior] [Reserve] [Youth]

Primary Role [Winger] [Midfielder] [striker] <or whatever positions they can play>

Had this a few times. Had it once when I signed a striker who had great defensive stats(better than all other defenders at the club alredy) and re-trained him as a centre-back. Played 50 odd-games without scoring(from centre-back) and I get questioned all the time.

Archived