Captain FM11

Putting him at £123M I'm quite sure no club bothers to bid. So you might as well keep him as captain. I haven't got the game open at the moment but I guess it would be in the Tactics section you can change captain during the season.

I'm quite sure a player like Fabregas wouldn't be happy to see himself stripped off the captaincy. And neither would the other players in the squad that has him as favoured personnel.

How do you do it, via the tactics screen? Its Fabregas, trying to get himself a move to Barcelona, I have transfer listed him at his request but valued him at £123M.

Suppose it may not even be worth it in the situation you describe?

There is a dropdown menu on the tactics screen, find captains and drag a new name to his position.

Your highly unlikely to sell him for 123m, especially when they ask to be transfered, it's difficult to get much out of the sale at that stage.

To change the captain, go to the tactics screen, right side drop down menu 'formation', select captains and change it there. It'll come up with a prompt warning you of the consequences of stripping someone of the captaincy. You might be better off changing the captain when he transfers to save a drop in morale.

definitely wouldn't strip him of his captaincy, i would agree with it in real life but in FM it causes too many problems and there isn't the input to adequately explain it to the unhappy teammates

Fair point, its one aspect of the interaction that it falls down on as he wants to leave but I can't discuss on a one on one basis with him that he's my captain and that in view of his attitude I don't think he's the best player at the moment to represent the team!

Archived