Has anyone ever managed their rivals in this game?

Does it count if you just add a manager, release/sell all their players and resign on the next day?

Because if so, then yes.

Hehe, I used to do this when I was a kid :lol:

Which is pretty much the closest thing I ever got to managing any of my clubs biggest rivals.

Yep...I'm a Man Utd fan and I've regularly managed Liverpool. I've found it entertaining that they've mis-used so many good players and not won the league for a while.

Plus there's the fallen giant scenario and I want to replicate Fergie's success and topple the dominant force of english football of their perch.

However I've not managed Man City or in Italy never managed Inter (sort of follow Milan).

I have managed Betis and Sevilla in the same save once some years ago, made betis the top team in spain then resigned and took over at Sevilla :)

There is absolutely no way I could manage the G.. the Gu.. I can't even bring myself to type it.

COYS!

This.

I was recently offered this job as Alan Shearer had quit for the England job. Whatever iota of interest I may have had in the job soon disappeared once I saw they had recently moved to the 80000+ seater 'Clichy Stadium'.

No thank you.

In my long long career game, I started at thurrock got the boot, got a chance at alfreton town things took off took them all way to premier league, eventually Arsenal offered me a job I took it. Had lot of success with Arsenal then my team Liverpool were struggling in debt and sacked the manager so I resigned and applied thinking I had a chance of getting it they snubbed me! Then got offered the vacant Man utd Job I took it. I applied again next time Liverpool were managerless even tho I knew board wouldn't be happy and still got didn't get it.

Does it count if you just add a manager, release/sell all their players and resign on the next day?

Because if so, then yes.

This. Although technically they were only our title rivals, not local derby rivals.

I stayed with them for a while to sell a few players off, check their youth out etc and they still kept winning! So I kept playing, testing to so how far the game blatantly favoured United. Eventually got sacked and they still survived! WTF!

Other than that, only when I might have ingested poison and urgently require throwing up. Though I suppose if anyone's bullemic....

I have managed Arsenal, I know they ain't major arch rivals with my beloved Chelsea but I did a save where i started at Napoli and went on to win Serie A Italian cup and champs league then moved to Madrid and won everything there for 2 seasons and wanted a new challenge and getting Arsenal to actually win something i thought was a great challenge. I succeeded within one season winning the Premiership, Fa Cup and Europa League in my first season and then Chelsea sacked there manager and I went home.

I would never manage Birmingham City, ever.

I even resigned in my 2nd season as Villa when I got beat 1-2 at Villa park despite hammering them and having 2 goals disallowed.

I never sign a player from them or has ever played for them.

Archived