League and club development in later years

oobro

Hello all,

I have a question about your long running games, because there are some concerns I´d like to share.

I currently play with Utsiktens BK in the Swedish Allsvenskan (got the from the lowest league).

I'm in the season 2030/2031 and a few very annoying things has slipped in.

My ultimate goal was to make a top league of the Allsvenskan (3,5 or 4 stars). And to achieve that, I need succes, but I also need my league partners to be succesful in Eupean competitions (EL or CL).

But that definately isn't the case. The teams are just terrible. I dominate every league game I play and have gone unbeaten for 105 games so far. There is absolutely no threat for me at all.

This also means the teams always get kicked out of any European competition in the first round they have to play. So no extra income for those teams, no European ranking points and no extra (league) reputation.

My own successes are fluctuating. Sometimes I reach far, sometimes I get kicked out after the group stage.

Another concern is the lack of new Swedisch youth players. Though Sweden is known for its excellent youth players, last 5 or 6 years, not a single Swedish player has been spotted.

Anyone know if this is going to be changed in the new FM?

What would you like to see changed?

I don't think it's correct to make all Swedish teams good just because you've made your own team good.

Each league in Europe has a strong team, but generally find it hard to get very far in the European competitions.

i had this before too. i could afford to just start my best players in europe and play my back ups in the league because we would still win quite easily. while you try to improve the rep of the league, everyone else just stands still and doesnt try to improve at all. sadly i dont have an answer to the problem and si probably dont either.

@ SWaRFeGA

You are correct, but like Things Could Get Messi says, it is hard that you try to grow and everyone else does nothing.

I already managed to het the league reputation from 2,5 to 3 stars. The same as the dutch competition has at start. And the dutch can attract some nice players.

But a few of my leaguepartners have a decent amount of money, but barely buy any players.

And it's not about to make all Swedish teams good, but it would be nice to see 2 or 3 teams taking advantage of the league reputations increasing, and see them buying some decent players to make it more interesting for you.

So the Swedish national team has no good players whatsoever? I don't think it is strange that you develop better than the other teams if you win everything. They don't win cups nor competitions so their ratings will hardly ever improve and for title challengers perhaps even decline, leading to quality players staying away from them. League standards are only part of the equation that determines what level of players want to join. Facilities, club rep, manager rep and finances are some others. Also, if they cannot win they probably cannot afford higher level players since the wages are generally a lot higher as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think SI got it right but there are a lot more things to factor in here than what you mentioned. I think the current scenario is probably more realistic than the one you were hoping for.

Also, while you are in a 3 star league in 2030, does that still have the same attraction as playing in a 3 star league in 2011? If other leagues also improve there might be some "inflation" at this point? The Netherlands starts with 3,5 star by the way (At least it is for me 1 season in).

I'm in 2038 and playing in the German Bundesliga, even here the other teams of my league are struggling. Although I usually perform well in the Champions League, the Bundesliga has dropped to the 5th spot because all my fellow teams usually get knocked out in the group stages. Compared to the English, Spanish, French and Italian regens, the German regens are rather mediocre in my save :-/

I'm in 2038 and playing in the German Bundesliga, even here the other teams of my league are struggling. Although I usually perform well in the Champions League, the Bundesliga has dropped to the 5th spot because all my fellow teams usually get knocked out in the group stages. Compared to the English, Spanish, French and Italian regens, the German regens are rather mediocre in my save :-/

Similar story in my game! Only difference being that I don't manage in Germany:

2045 League Reps:

English Premier 4.5*

French Ligue 1 4.5*

Spain Liga BBVA 4*

Italian Serie A 4*

German First Division 4*

Russian Premier 3.5*

Dutch Eredivisie 3.5*

Ukrainian Premier 3.5*

Argentine Premier 3.5*

Turkish Premier 3.5*

Portuguese Premier 3.5*

Ecuadorian Serie A 3.5*

Ecuador being the strangest. Decent quality league - yet only 19 Ecuadorians in the whole game. 4 of whom are actually Spanish.

Plenty of good German players.

@ Tommy:

Fair post, I think you mention some valid points there. It's just a shame, I'd love to see more competition, but not if that means not winning the championship haha.

Other leagues are improving too, but comparing to the first season ranking we have climbed some places. And I notice I can attract better players than 4 or 5 seasons ago.

In my faroese game I managed to get the league to rise from 0,5 stars to 2,5 stars.. Many clubs have turned professional and have started to sign better players and are doing much better in UEFA/CL

However the clubs cannot keep the players over a longer period, which is a clear flaw IMO.. Players get signed for big money (faroese standard) and yet they are given 1 year contract and are released after the contract.. they are simply not offered a new contract! - there are some exceptions of course, but generally they are just released

This makes it impossible for the clubs to improve as they have to keep buying new players, but they cannot afford to sign 5-6-7 new players each season. Its a shame..

2018-19:

Premiership: 4.5*

Serie A: 4.5*

Liga BBVA: 4*

Ligue 1: 4*

Bundesliga: 4*

And thats after winning Bundesliga twice (and 1 runner up, 1 third), UCL once, Europa League twice, 2 UEFA Supercups (and 1 runner up), 1 German cup (and 1 runner up), 2 German Supercups (and 2 runners up) and a Club World Cup. All with RasenBallsport Leipzig.

Try purchasing the most talented Swedish youngsters (even if this means 3* potential only) and developing those yourself. By doing this you will be spreading the wealth among other Swedish teams, the chance that the players develop properly will be bigger (assuming that you have the best facilities) and once they have developed but are not up to your standards you can sell them back to your competitors.

Even though it is probably very tempting, I think you should not buy the oppositions star players unless they are likely to move to a foreign team. It will be probably very difficult for such teams to purchase adequate replacement, even if they got a decent amount of money in return.

I also suggest you upgrade your youth and training facilities whenever you can to attract better players and get a bigger chance of getting good youths.

2018-19:

Premiership: 4.5*

Serie A: 4.5*

Liga BBVA: 4*

Ligue 1: 4*

Bundesliga: 4*

And thats after winning Bundesliga twice (and 1 runner up, 1 third), UCL once, Europa League twice, 2 UEFA Supercups (and 1 runner up), 1 German cup (and 1 runner up), 2 German Supercups (and 2 runners up) and a Club World Cup. All with RasenBallsport Leipzig.

Seems to be a bit of a common occurance. Whether you manage in Germany or not - the league standard will never improve?

@ Tommy:

Your suggestion about the youngsters is interesting, I will go for that. Thing is though, 3 star players (PA) are very, very rare. In 5 years I have seen 2 or 3 under 21 with a PA of 3*

I already decided 4 seasons ago not to buy any star players from other teams.

My facilities are already at their highest level, but due my "small" reputations, I can not expand my youth recruitment.

i think you will have to develop the other clubs yourself, i.e. you have to leave your current club and lead another one to the top positions of the league. after 3-4 years you change to the next club. and so on... doing so you will create 4-5 clubs fighting for the title and raise the league's standard.

@ Tommy:

Your suggestion about the youngsters is interesting, I will go for that. Thing is though, 3 star players (PA) are very, very rare. In 5 years I have seen 2 or 3 under 21 with a PA of 3*

I already decided 4 seasons ago not to buy any star players from other teams.

My facilities are already at their highest level, but due my "small" reputations, I can not expand my youth recruitment.

What about your network? I try to ask for feeder teams that can improve my network as well.

Purchasing non-EU players might improve the quality of the Swedish national team if they decide to pick up the Swedish nationality. Sending your players out on loan to competitors might improve them and might be a good way to calm down unhappy players. If you have players with potential but who only make substitute appearances for you this is a particular good route to take.

Since you are so much better than the rest you can lead them the way to becoming more successful. Become the main supplier of Swedish internationals for example, now that's a real challenge ;)

SWaRFeGa

Question oobro - what percent of your squad is Swedish nationality?

Not much, I have 6 with a true Swedish nationality and 1 who is Italian and has gotten a swedish passport. I think he will start playing for the swedish national squad soon.

What about your network? I try to ask for feeder teams that can improve my network as well.

Purchasing non-EU players might improve the quality of the Swedish national team if they decide to pick up the Swedish nationality. Sending your players out on loan to competitors might improve them and might be a good way to calm down unhappy players. If you have players with potential but who only make substitute appearances for you this is a particular good route to take.

Since you are so much better than the rest you can lead them the way to becoming more successful. Become the main supplier of Swedish internationals for example, now that's a real challenge

I have scouts all over the world, maintaining a larde network, I also have some feeder clubs in Sweden and in commercially interesting country (China and US).

I have/had some foreign players who did acquire the Swedish nationality and are playing (going to play) for the Swedish national squad.

But you did present me with a nice challenge. I'll see what I can do with that.

Archived