Kicks in the teeth

Just had a shocker:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596948515495594412/E97A77399CFEDF2C252935CFF554C742FC88C83C/

Anyone remember having a bigger kick in the teeth than that? Worst thing was, the latest scores widget updated to "FT" before going to the match overview screen, so I thought I had won it - but it was just that the goal was scored after the final whistle in my game :(

Still in pain from that!!!!

Can anyone beat it? Kudos if so!

Just to rub salt into the wounds, having been 3-1 up against S***s at half time in the Cup Final, i had two players sent off and conceded two goals in the last 15 minutes including the equaliser in the 88th, before conceding again in extra-time to lose 4-3. Both red cards very harsh, I thought. Hard to take, that, especially as we were totally battering them in the first half :(

Not my season :(

By the way its McGuinness-time now, not Fergie-time.

Oh i had a system whereby i nicknamed players depending on which scout discovered them - the idea being that after a few years i could assess which scouts were better than others based on more than just their 20 JPA. Didnt really work tbh, scrapped it since. Sosa was one I passed on, and probably regretted it although as I bought two strikers who between them scored over 800 goals since then, I'm not exactly crying!!!

Not close to your situation but here's my story;

My Southport side swept away anyone in their way, won the Premiership for around 10 years running, Champions League 3, I got drawn in a group with Bursaspor, Sevilla and Aberdeen. Easy right? That's what I thought, another Champions League victory awaits. Lost 2-0 each game to Aberdeen, lost away to Bursaspor and Sevilla, drew with Bursaspor at home 3-3 and drew 0-0 with Sevilla. Awful, awful performance. The board were understandably not happy but I made amends by winning the Premiership and F.A cup later that year. Still, a right kick in the teeth!

Once, I think on last years game, I had the ultimate kick in the teeth.

I (playing as my beloved Tottenham) was level on points with Arsenal going into the final match. However I had a two goal advantage in GD. As the game was drawing to a close I'm leading 3-0 over Southampton (midtable for the last several years) while Arsenal was thrashing Leeds (their first season back in the Prem in several decades, and were by far the worst team in the league). I was a little concerned, but I still should have won via the other tiebreakers.

Then, in the 3rd minute of extra time Jake Harris scored a stunner from about 20 yards out iirc.

But it gets better, as Jake Harris was a newgen from my academy that I sold to Newcastle several years before as I didn't rate him.

So in the end Arsenal won the league via a +1 GD. Happily though, I destroyed them 5-1 in the CL final.

Archived