Is anyone else still playing FM10?

Same here. Having a go as Chester with a -25 point deficit. Got a few points on the board, but there is some really charitable big clubs that have let me have their youth on loan.

This... I have tried this several times and I hate doing it because you have to try and get rid of Vaughan (both of them). I have never successfully avoided relegation, but have ONCE finished just above the very last spot.

I hate it how your team starts worrying that they are underachieving because the computer didn't compensate for the -25 deficit..

But at the moment I am managing Barnet, I am 6 seasons into the save and haven't gotten out of League One yet but the future is bright!

I would be, but I recently switched from PC to Mac and a) don't know if you can transfer saves over and b) I've heard FM10 doesn't work on OS X Lion anyway. I would choose 10 over 11 any day, was absolutely obsessed with constantly bringing youth through to add to my all-conquering Southampton team.

Yep, my favourite Football Manager game to date.

And i'm currently managing Bolton, having joined them from Crystal Palace. It's my 2nd season (First full season) at the club and we're performing above expectations. We've got a League Cup final to look forward to and if our form continues there's a good chance we'll finish in a Europa League place. There's still a long way to go until the end of the season, however, so i'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground for now.

I only have 1 real complaint with FM10 and thats the AI buying and selling policy.

In 10 years I have had about 4 bids for players. Both less than the valuation. Obviously rejected, and thats it, they give up, and the player is unhappy for not being allowed to talk to the club.

I have a team full of premier league stars, wonderkids, and the AI managers are watching them play almost every game but just dont seem to care about making bids. Its like every single club is scared to part with their money. Its not wages putting them off as I am far and away the lowest wage bill club in the league, players are on under 20k a week.

This is a typical situation. I have a player whos rated a hot prospect, valued at about 4 million, Hull come along and offer 800k plus the rest of the 4m over 36 months and based over appearances. Hull have a hot prospect, valued at 1.7 million, I make a bid of 5million and they refuse. So they expect me to give mine away for less but want 5 times the price for their own? They obviously understand the value of money when selling but not buying.

The only real bids I get are when I offer them out

Its the only real thing that spoils FM10 but its probably one of the most important features of a manager game, and pretty unacceptable that its this unrealistic.

FM11 is just as bad with AI team building/buying and selling, but with plenty of other issues thrown in. I had a 15 year save on FM11 without selling a single player and no bids.

My fear is FM12 will be no better.

Archived