2018-19 eastwood town -premier league help & advice please.

ive finally managed after 8 years to get eastwood town into the premiership which i must gloat i think is a remarkable acheivement bearing in mind the size of club stadium facilities etc.

i am moving stadiums although not until nx season 2020.

my questions are these.

i have been playing 4-3-3 mainly and have no wingers will this formation be suicide in the prem or should i play 4-5-1(go buy some wingers?)

should i commit to 48 month payment plans?

should i go for young hungry players who will be stars?

i have a transfer budget of £16 million and wage budget of only £120k!!!!!

please help me avoid being prem whipping boys and finish 17th at least!!!

thanks for all advice to help me tactics etc everything considered.

ive finally managed after 8 years to get eastwood town into the premiership which i must gloat i think is a remarkable acheivement bearing in mind the size of club stadium facilities etc.

i am moving stadiums although not until nx season 2020.

my questions are these.

i have been playing 4-3-3 mainly and have no wingers will this formation be suicide in the prem or should i play 4-5-1(go buy some wingers?)

should i commit to 48 month payment plans?

should i go for young hungry players who will be stars?

i have a transfer budget of £16 million and wage budget of only £120k!!!!!

please help me avoid being prem whipping boys and finish 17th at least!!!

thanks for all advice to help me tactics etc everything considered.

Avoid 48 month payments like the plague. If you do get relegated then they will ruin your finances and you could run the risk of becoming bankrupt as your income will plumet if you get relegated and your outgoings on the transfers will be far greater than your income.

Avoid 48 month payments like the plague. If you do get relegated then they will ruin your finances and you could run the risk of becoming bankrupt as your income will plumet if you get relegated and your outgoings on the transfers will be far greater than your income.

know what your saying mackem mate, never usually go down this route but was personally thinking of getting just 5-6 younsters on 48 monthly deals aiming to only spend around 10-12 mill. would you advise against this also? squads very thin at the minute :(

Just try and remember to stay carm, keep real perspective of the size of the club and the expectations, if it is fight against relegation, don't be to disheartened about lossing loads, 4-3-3 can work in the perm, but don't be afraid to change it if things aint working, Maybe loan wingers in if you think about changing to a 4-5-1. Try and look for some experience top league players that are maybe coming to the end of thier career to help the youngsters. Also some premier league youngsters on loan (if the youngster is close to first team at the club). You may have to juggle the transfer budget and wage budget about i.e lower the transfer budget and increase the wage budget.

good advice so far guys thanks gonna give it a while before i reboot the game up think im gonna do a "blackpool" and stick with my pacy frontmen 4-3-3 to see where i am by xmas but like you say i wont get disheartened if i can get a few points on the board im aiming for 10-12 wins over the season see what happens fingers crossed!!

Try to go for hungry youngster who could be big stars in future (Such as signing them on loan is a good option too!) and they will no doubt increase in time and give you profits in few years but for right now, look for some freebies, do the wheeler-dealer trick, find what's good out there no matter if they are old (As long as they get the job done) and hopefully you can get a chance to sign someone young who can be the gem for years to come!

Personally what I would do is not spend that much money. I would look for frees that are better than what you have already and try and get them on cheaper or similar wages. If not a little bit more. If you don't spend too much, you'll make a big profit each month and that would then build up. If you was to get relegated with a few games to go, sell all players you have that may be on too much for the Championship so that you get some money for them. This will also increase your finances should you go straight back down. With this along with the parachute payments you should be able to build a decent squad for the Championship to come straight back up.

If you do go straight back down pester the board to improve your facilities so that if you do get promoted again, you'll have a bigger stadium possibly or in three seasons which would be ready for a season back in the Premier League if everything goes to plan. There's nothing wrong with being a yoyo club for a few seasons until you've got the infrastructure at the club right. Once you've got everything set up, you could then start to look at cementing your place in the top flight by maybe finishing mid table each season. Another thing I would do is maximise and keep pestering your board for scouts. If you can get loads of these out and about around the world searching for cheap players whether they be youngsters or senior players, then you could start making a profit on these once better clubs see they are doing well. This will also help you improve.

In short, don't overspend as you'll regret it. Your board probably don't expect you to stay up. So as long as you don't do anything daft with your expectations, you should be the manager for a few seasons and could build a the startings of a great club.

Crikey. 8 seasons? Top effort. I expect you're swimming in debt if you're in the Prem and you have no new stadium to bring in gate receipts. What's Eastwood's capacity, 4,500?

been quite easy with the pacy st 4-3-3 mate to be honest,

my stadium has been maxed out for last 3yrs at 5500 capacity and my new one wont be ready for another season. does this mean ill still play in prem with it at 5500 cap?

also my debt has only hovered around £1-1.5million and the directors keep plugging money in also ive done it without ever paying a transfer fee!!

last season my budget was £1.5million transfers although i spent all this on man u liverpool and lyon loan players!!!

Your capacity will be 5500. If you don't have an all seater, I believe you may play somewhere else. Or you may just play at your current ground for a season. The rules on stadiums when promoted aren't like what they are in real life. For the exact reason I'm not sure. Although I think it could be to do with how many problems would be caused as there are some that have to be met to be promoted to League Two as well.

If you do go straight back down pester the board to improve your facilities so that if you do get promoted again, you'll have a bigger stadium possibly or in three seasons which would be ready for a season back in the Premier League if everything goes to plan. There's nothing wrong with being a yoyo club for a few seasons until you've got the infrastructure at the club right. Once you've got everything set up, you could then start to look at cementing your place in the top flight by maybe finishing mid table each season. Another thing I would do is maximise and keep pestering your board for scouts. If you can get loads of these out and about around the world searching for cheap players whether they be youngsters or senior players, then you could start making a profit on these once better clubs see they are doing well. This will also help you improve

this is all fantastic advice nottm forest think im gonna follow all your advice, im not gonna sign anyone on a 48cheat deal but gonna try and aim for class youngsters and try to grow my club that way like you said even being a yoyo club wont bother me for a few seasons already gonna try and build up the facilities staff stadium etc and with the money coming in if i get 17th this year what a kickstart that will be.

for the first time ever iv'e got no incentive to go and purchase the new fm on release day as hopefully this will keep me going into the new year or at least until patch 12.3 comes out.

also nottm forest thanks for helping a nottts county fan :) unlucky against newcastle tonight.

Exactly, look at West Brom. They're a great example of a club that haven't really overspent. They've had about 6 seasons or so being a yoyo club and now they look like they may have established themselves as a Premier League side. Whilst your in the Premier League now, just keep pestering the board. You'll probably get more staff and things granted whilst in the Premier League due to the funds you'll get. If you can pick up 5 or 6 cheap players now and a few frees for cheapish wages to add to your squad, you'll be well under your wage budget which will also please the board and should go in your favour. Also, when negotiating contracts, make sure you do that. Whilst your reputation will still be low for a Premier League, agents will still see it as a chance to make money from you as you're a Premier League club. Don't be afraid to say no to a player if they're asking for more than you're willing to spend. I would probably set yourself a limit of £8k per week and 5 or so players to your current squad. Also in those contracts and any other contract renewals you should give, make sure you try and get a relegation percentage wage drop if possible. That way, if no one is interested in them, the players wages will drop and you could or should be able to keep a balanced team which could help you get straight back up possibly. Another is try and sign determined players. They will be more likely to put up a fight should you be losing which could be the difference between you picking up a point or no point.

well after signing a grand total of 15 players mainly young prospects but 3 experienced players on freebies paul robinson(37) taye taiwo(33) and fernandinho(33) i went against some peoples advice and signed 3 players on 48month cheat deals a 21yr old quality english cb/st prospect from man utd for £5million a 27yr old quality italian l/b for £5million from stade de reims and a chelsea c/b aged 19 for £3.5 million all in all spending £22 million quid i have offloaded some players for a value of £2.5 million

my balance at start of season reads £15 million in the red however i hope to recoup this in tv revenue etc.

one thing i should have said is obviously as i have previously stated i am having a new stadium built but this wont be ready until the start of next season.which brings me to my next point.

my first game in the premier league bearing in mind my current stadium is only 5500 cap only let me have an attendance 0f 650 against villa YES 650!!! why is this? it seems so stupid and unreal as eastwood is only less than 15-20 miles from derby county,nottingham forest and notts county. why did they not programme a groundshare if this was to happen? theres absolutely no way theyd have a prem game in front of 650 irl. something else stupid about it is how come i have managed to sell 2,400 season tickets if they aren't allowed to attend?

Good luck trying to recoup your £15M in the red with a 650 attendance :D

What's likely to happen now is your board taking up a huge loan (bigger than what you really need), thus crippling your club even further.

For this predicament there is really only one advice: pull down your pants... and slide on the ice.

What's likely to happen now is your board taking up a huge loan (bigger than what you really need), thus crippling your club even further.

For this predicament there is really only one advice: pull down your pants... and slide on the ice.

think your a bit wde of the mark mate before you comment my tv income alone is say £4 million a month and my wagebill £220k a wk=880k a month i make that £3.2million before other expenses which wont total anywhere near £3million so i bet you personally i end the season in the black, any offers?????

well after signing a grand total of 15 players mainly young prospects but 3 experienced players on freebies paul robinson(37) taye taiwo(33) and fernandinho(33) i went against some peoples advice and signed 3 players on 48month cheat deals a 21yr old quality english cb/st prospect from man utd for £5million a 27yr old quality italian l/b for £5million from stade de reims and a chelsea c/b aged 19 for £3.5 million all in all spending £22 million quid i have offloaded some players for a value of £2.5 million

my balance at start of season reads £15 million in the red however i hope to recoup this in tv revenue etc.

one thing i should have said is obviously as i have previously stated i am having a new stadium built but this wont be ready until the start of next season.which brings me to my next point.

my first game in the premier league bearing in mind my current stadium is only 5500 cap only let me have an attendance 0f 650 against villa YES 650!!! why is this? it seems so stupid and unreal as eastwood is only less than 15-20 miles from derby county,nottingham forest and notts county. why did they not programme a groundshare if this was to happen? theres absolutely no way theyd have a prem game in front of 650 irl. something else stupid about it is how come i have managed to sell 2,400 season tickets if they aren't allowed to attend?

In real life, all Premier League Clubs and Championship Clubs have to have all seater stadiums. Due to complications I think with the programming of it, SI can't not let teams get promoted. So, unfortunately for this season you will be playing in front of 650 fans. Unless your board decide to expand to an all seater. This seems unliley with your new stadium a season away. It's something that's been a problem in the game for a number of FMs.

They hopefully won't do this. It all depends on the Chairman attributes iirc and if they're good enough, the board will see that they will still get the TV Revenue.

Glynn, I personally wouldn't of spent that money as now you'll have a minimum of £280k ish a month coming out of your finances. Should you get relegated, whilst you'll get the parachute payments, it'll affect your finances alot. The board may expect you to finish higher now that you have spent this money as it was only a budget.

Anyway good luck :thup:.

In real life, all Premier League Clubs and Championship Clubs have to have all seater stadiums. Due to complications I think with the programming of it, SI can't not let teams get promoted. So, unfortunately for this season you will be playing in front of 650 fans. Unless your board decide to expand to an all seater. This seems unliley with your new stadium a season away. It's something that's been a problem in the game for a number of FMs.

They hopefully won't do this. It all depends on the Chairman attributes iirc and if they're good enough, the board will see that they will still get the TV Revenue.

Glynn, I personally wouldn't of spent that money as now you'll have a minimum of £280k ish a month coming out of your finances. Should you get relegated, whilst you'll get the parachute payments, it'll affect your finances alot. The board may expect you to finish higher now that you have spent this money as it was only a budget.

Anyway good luck :thup:.

cheers mate after 5 games ive lost 2 chelsea away whhich is fine was one of them ive drawn 2 and just got my first win 3-1 at home to spurs i think the trick is to keep morale up even after losing and hope for the best im currently quite happy with how were playing and chelsea away we only lost 1-0 to a 72nd minute goal.

i personally dont think i've overspent too much on the 48month cheat deals as its only 12mill overall and i will make sure even if i do go down my bank balance/parachute payment/plus most players40-50% wage drop might cover this. like i said i really think after keeping hucknall in the premier on fm10 i can do the same with the badgers.

one thing about the stadium though after reading someone else playing as droylesden and sharing with wigan why my board wouldnt let me share with derby,forest, or super notts county? seems strange to me.

Archived