How to follow reputation adivce?

I don’t know if this is obvious or not (I.E., you already know about it), but I’ve always taken this to mean that if they’re overawed by bigger reputations then that requires a team talk of the “No Pressure” or “Wish Luck” variety (or perhaps none at all). The complacency against lower reps needs “I expect a win” etc smattered with some “expect a performance” individual talks to the numpties who’re prone to it.

Have the “(your team) Motivation” drop down box ready during the match. Assistant manager feedback also mentions who looks complacent including before the match starts.

Not so sure about this one: I think it depends on a hidden stat called “Adaptability”. The more adaptable they are the better they cope with living in exotic foreign lands, which would presumably include learning the lingo.

In the scout reports and coach reports on your own players under “strengths” and “weaknesses” the scout/coach may give an indication whether the player is likely to adapt to other countries. Also, they might tell you whether or not the player “enjoys the big games” or some such comment that could have team talk implications.

Perhaps someone else knows about the actually length of time.

People have mentioned before that suggesting language lessons might be a handy feature when you get these “having trouble adapting to the area” or “having trouble because of the language barrier” messages.

Ditto “blending into the team” problems: an option for team building activities or something??

You have to be careful with the team talks, saying I expect a win when playing lower clubs can lead to complacency, because they are expected to win they wont put effort in, also players with low 'Pressure' hidden attribute will suffer with the added presure of expectancy. It good to have the Motivation Info box open during matches. The first few minutes will help you gadge how you team talk went. If you tell a player you expect a proformance and then he plays nervously could be an idication he has a low pressure rating. Also look at the assitant team talk feedback to look for reactions, most of the time the players wont seem to be listening don't worry about that to much.

For the last season and a half (the entire time I've been at the club), the board has refused to allow me to hire more coaches. I'm currently restricted only to 2 coaches which obviously isn't really enough. How can I try and persuade them to give me my request? My security was untouchable last season and I've been consistently over-performing whilst 2-3k below wage budget and have spent £0 on transfers.

I'm in the blue square premier.

Two and a half season and not only have the board halved my wage budget since season one, but they are still refusing me more than 2 coaches (and player/coaches count). This is getting so frustrating now, and becoming less fun given that my performances are going up with progressively less board backing.

Archived