Within FM12 will the manager salary still be unusable ?

grep

I always negotiated the lowest manager salary possible, cause I have always hoped the board gave those money to the team cash balance instead.

What's the needing and difference of having 1k or 1M manager salary ?

Having 1M of salary within the team budget makes a huge difference instead, above all on lower leagues.

I always negotiated the lowest manager salary possible, cause I have always hoped the board gave those money to the team cash balance instead.

What's the needing of having 1k or 1M manager salary ?

Having 1M of salary within the team budget makes a huge difference instead, above all on lower leagues.

You don't need the money - but it's part of the game. Realism. I want a suitable salary for my job, especially at lower league level.

PS. You original post gave no clues at all to what you're now talking about - maybe make it clearer next time?

You don't need the money - but it's part of the game. Realism. I want a suitable salary for my job, especially at lower league level.

PS. You original post gave no clues at all to what you're now talking about - maybe make it clearer next time?

IMHO the manager salary is useless, even if it simulates the reality.

I prefer to have those money into the cashier box instead, ready to help to buy new players, or to help to pay for debts...

I prefer to have those money into the cashier box instead, ready to help to buy new players, or to help to pay for debts...

Which is unrealistic. What manager is going to walk in to the boardroom and say, 'Don't bother paying me a salary, I'd just be happy to get a couple of extra million in the transfer kitty actually'

That's fine. You play the game how you feel. But FM does not work this way.

I have heard that the manager salary makes a difference in job security, ie. the more you get, the more safe your job is.

Even if this is not the case, the salary is a representation of your wage in the game. The player wages are also representations, but you don't see them buying houses or re-investing in the club, so are they pointless as well?

It is just a drain of finances otherwise, yes it's more realistic to have it in there but it doesn't *do* anything and I find I can't negotiate down either. I don't want £1m a month disappearing.

You can knock it down by asking for a new contract and negotiating with them. I've been on a quid a week before. Although it's not realistic and I don't like doing it, it can make a massive difference to budgets in the lower leagues.

You can knock it down by asking for a new contract and negotiating with them. I've been on a quid a week before. Although it's not realistic and I don't like doing it, it can make a massive difference to budgets in the lower leagues.

I have never had that option at a club i've been at!

A Mangers wages should have some kind of use or prestige that way you'd want to negotiate the biggest wage possible like in real life. I mean how many managers in reality are going to say "oh ill take half what your offering me so i can have a little more for signing players". Not bloody likely.

Some people would find they had more meaning if there was, say an ingame list of top managerial earners for them to try get to the top of. Or even a Steam achievement or suchlike.

Incentive. Good idea.

While I appreciate the 'realism' argument, It doesn't really appeal to me. I'm one of those minimal few that actually likes the idea of "stuff to spend your cash on".

The title is "Football Manager" after all. Doesn't the aforementioned football manager have a personal life?

Either way, this is one of those things that gets mentioned every year and is never implemented and regardless of my opinions, probably rightly so.

I'm not sure if this actually happens in the game already or not, and tbh I can't actually remember being sacked in the most recent versions, but if you are sacked you should be compensated for the remainder of your contract and the relevant amount of money should go into the stats for the amount of money you've earnt in your career.

For example, Man Utd sack you with exactly 1 year to go on your £100k a week contract, your career earnings should go up by £5.2m (and obviously the club finances should be affected also).

Adds more realism to club finances (if its not already in the game) and would perhaps encourage players of the game to be more realistic with their wage demands (ie trying to get the longest deal for the highest amount possible)

Manager salary does affect job security. The higher your wage, the worse you have to be before your club fire you.Doesn't make much difference at the biggest clubs, but the lower down you go, the more important it becomes.

I found that the higher the wage you're on the less lower teams will try to offer you a job. If you earn over 100k a week then Bayern or someone probably won't offer you the job. But Barca or Real might.

But if you're on a ridiculous wage that is very high, I found that clubs don't approach you, you have to approach them.

So I try not to let my wage go too high so that I still keep getting offers from teams in Germany, France, Holland, etc. should I choose to take my career there.

As we all know, applying for a job can be managerial suicide at your current club.

The problem of the uselessness of Manager Salary could be easily fixed by having a stat showing the amount of resources you have. That way, if you get fired the club has to pay you out of your contract, and you could then be asked questions about your lifestyle in press conferences -depending on how rich you are. This could influence job offers. If you answer in such a way as to indicate your lifestyle is flamboyant or ascetic, your reputation could become more personalized.

I found that the higher the wage you're on the less lower teams will try to offer you a job. If you earn over 100k a week then Bayern or someone probably won't offer you the job. But Barca or Real might.

But if you're on a ridiculous wage that is very high, I found that clubs don't approach you, you have to approach them.

So I try not to let my wage go too high so that I still keep getting offers from teams in Germany, France, Holland, etc. should I choose to take my career there.

As we all know, applying for a job can be managerial suicide at your current club.

This is probably due to the offering team having to pay compensation to your current club. Same as when another club offer's jobs to your staff, and you receive compensation.

So the more you are earning, the more compensation they have to pay. If you apply for the job, then the compensation aspect probably doesn't come into play.

As for the whole manager salary debate, I also try to negotiate as much as possible, to see how much the club values me. People cry out for realism in the game, so this is part and parcel of that realism. The aim is to be the best manager, and the best managers should get the best salaries :)

I just take £1 a week and pretend I'm at Plymouth.

Which is a good point really, how comes clubs going brankrupt don't become unable to pay a teams wages?

Because clubs never go bankrupt in FM land due to legal reasons. They'll enter administration but eventually climb their way out of it.

I guess wages do have a use partly to test how 'big' a club is by their various offers, and because (to use an arguement I saw about why players sometimes would want better wages if similarly important teammates were much higher earners) it's sort of a way of keeping score, seeing how far you've come over a career, though obviously they're not a big thing in the slightest, and for me, like many others anything to actually spend them on would be fairly pointless extras, there could be investment in a club, but aside from keeping things going when times are hard, it may be questionable having a non-chairman/board/owners doing that, especially paying directly for things, I remember in Joe Royles autobiography how there was uproar about an outside businessman putting up the money to buy a player for Oldham, so it was never repeated, and while a manager doing other things may not be the same, it implies to me that it wouldn't quite be right for that sort thing to be going on (though I have no idea about the legalities), which rules it out of FM. I just take what's offered an leave it at that, not wanting to take too much away from other things, which at a lot of things would matter depending on how much extra I'm declining to try and get.

I always thought that it may be a nice idea to earn your wages as a manager and then when you retired / quit from management you could have an option to start a new club or buy a club with your savings.

It probably will never happen but thought it may be a good idea.

i think it would be a good idea to have steam achievements linked to manager salary, for example highest paid manager in the league, highest paid manager in the country, highest paid club/international manager and other things along the same lines. This way people may think that there is more reason for the salary.

what do you think?

i think it would be a good idea to have steam achievements linked to manager salary, for example highest paid manager in the league, highest paid manager in the country, highest paid club/international manager and other things along the same lines. This way people may think that there is more reason for the salary.

what do you think?

I think this is a good idea. Wouldn't mean much to me but I am sure some would find it a motivating feature.

I always thought that it may be a nice idea to earn your wages as a manager and then when you retired / quit from management you could have an option to start a new club or buy a club with your savings.

It probably will never happen but thought it may be a good idea.

Ive always wanted to do that, but become manager/director like Barry Fry. I could then make the decisions myself about building a new stadium etc, instead of being told where to go.

what do you think?

Would be a good idea to add these achievements if they dont already excist. Also sign a contract for £0 pw like a previous poster has done.

I just take £1 a week and pretend I'm at Plymouth.

Which is a good point really, how comes clubs going brankrupt don't become unable to pay a teams wages?

Are you sure? For the first time last night, in my game in 2029, I had a message in my newsfeedd stating 'The PFA have had to step in to pay West Hams player bill, and imposed transfer restrictions' or words to that effect. I cant wait to see what happens the following month, could be down to what news you subscribe to? (My Truro team are chasing a quadruple at present)

• Administrators

Very unlikely to happen in any Football Manager game in the foreseeable future and as Ackter correctly said, if you negotiate a tiny wage on your contract to save 'club resources' it means you're much more vulnerable to being sacked as the club will only need to pay a tiny amount in compensation to get rid of you.

Just applied for a managerial position and got rejected, the team I was applying to was unwilling to pay the necessary compensation to break my contract with my current team. As a result, I now try to not let myself get tied down to lengthy contracts in case I do decide to move clubs. This is in addition to teams being unwilling to pay you compensation to sack you as pointed out by others already in this thread. Bottom line : salary does have an impact and isn't pointless.

This is one area of the game I would love to see improved! Obviously everyone jumps into the "Buy a House/Car/Boat" then "go and play golf or learn how to sail", but personally this area has such a great amount of potential!

The one thing I would love to see it introduced into is the managers career, not to invest into a club, but to invest in my CV. Things like Coaching Badges, Language Courses and the ability to buy out your contract if you want to leave a club. So many other ways to impliment a system where the salary is actually useful other than job security. Getting the job shouldn't be based purely on your reputation and previous clubs managed!

Talking about applying for a managers job though, only just seen this and it did make me chuckle!

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/When-a-Football-Manager-player-applied-for-the-M?urn=sow-325075

The reason why you get a wage in game is because it's realistic, just like alot of things in FM. As Neil Brock said yesterday, if you weren't to have a wage, or a high enough wage then it would be easier for the board to get rid of you. Alot of managers spend their money on cars, horses amongst other things. In FM there isn't any space for these. It's not Football Manager and life. It's Football Manager :thup:.

The reason why you get a wage in game is because it's realistic, just like alot of things in FM. As Neil Brock said yesterday, if you weren't to have a wage, or a high enough wage then it would be easier for the board to get rid of you. Alot of managers spend their money on cars, horses amongst other things. In FM there isn't any space for these. It's not Football Manager and life. It's Football Manager :thup:.

The OP didn't specify what the money would be used for, he just asked if it would be usable. As I said above, there are more things that it could be used for than TCM/Fifa Manager's "House/Boat/Car" etc..

The OP didn't specify what the money would be used for, he just asked if it would be usable. As I said above, there are more things that it could be used for than TCM/Fifa Manager's "House/Boat/Car" etc..

There was another thread that I replied to which has been merged.

Post 47 was originally a new thread started.

Archived