OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Miscellaneous Part 1

This is the proper link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275219-FM12-blogs-miscellaneous-(pt-1-of-3)?p=7091937#post7091937

Is it going to be possible to change staff numbers in the editor this year? For some reason Philadelphia Union were gifted zero scouts last time out and there seemed to be no way to add one in the editor (and the board were having none of it in-game).

At the start of each season, your board give you their expectations and, where possible, you can negotiate these to and get a higher transfer budget, or lower if you want less pressure. We’ve now added in some extra levels to these expectations, such as qualifying for different continental competitions – for example, you could say that you’re going to try and qualify for the Euro cup, rather than the Champions cup.

From recollection you've never been able to downplay your exceptions, if the board have expected a mid-table finish I do not recall ever having the option to say that the team is really only capable of fighting for survival, is this a confirmed option? It reads like it has previously been in the game rather than a new aspect to the feature.

A few finance changes have been made to the game this year too. Although the financial fair play rules are such big news at the moment, we’ve always made it harder in FM to get into debt than it is in real life, by limiting transfer budgets accordingly, but clubs in administration will no longer be able to get a license to play in continental competitions in the game.

Nice addition but it does seem to be harsher than real life, also can you confirm if any right of appeal has been included? If a club is in the middle of a buyout could the new owners not prove solvency.

However, there are some positive financial changes too. For a start, should your players be off playing in international tournaments, your club will now get paid just as they would in real life. It’s only a small amount of money, but every little bit helps, right? And you never know – should they get injured whilst playing for the national side, you might even get some of their wages paid for the period they’re out injured for...

Again another nice touch although I rarely manage teams with vast amounts of internationals.

Will the compensation amount be linked to the financial strength of the nation? I know there are a number of issues regarding some national FA's being more or less bankrupt & unable to foot these bills. Another thought in this area is the matter of player insurance, I know it is very rare & actually might have been taken out of the game but if a player is forced to retire due to injury is there any mechanism to compensate the club for the loss?

Just would like to know when the video showing the defending will be shown. This just worries me because the first two videos came out so quick except for this one which kind of implies that it is not very good, apart from that everything is sounding good and I cant wait until this comes out.

As for the realistic costs of team travel, if I arrange a pre-season friendly in a far off land and say the fee paid to my club by the host is £3K, will travelling etc expenses be decucted from this making it not financially worthwhile or will the £3K be a paid sum with expenses covered by the host club, so the cost to the travelling team will be just small sundry costs.

Odd question perhaps but crucial to the way I manage at Blue Square levels.

Has a projected profit/loss and end of year balance been added?

Has more control and information been given to players in regards to upgrades of stadiums, training, youth and scouting networks? Will we now how much they will cost? Will we have the ability to ask to go ahead or cancel them even if the board decide they don't want to?

Has the board's complete stupidity regarding cancelling projects been fixed? Will we see the end of the "we have limited or negative funds, and are cancelling this important project, ignoring that we are about to receive 20 million in prize money in a week" issue?

You mention you can add international competitions now - is there an option to add either U-17 competitions or international tournaments where only domestic based players are selected (eg: african championship of nations)

Anything been introduced or improved regarding generated Stadiums? Naming conventions? Timing of moves? Frequency of moves? Capacities?

I certainly hope so, utterly board of stadiums being named after recently retired players.

So i want it to be clear - the new Financial rule of UEFA is going to be implemented ?

It doesn't look like an exact replication of the rules but a reasonable compromise, would be interesting if the same rules were applied for admission to league competitions but I guess that would be a little too harsh on the casual player.

• SI Staff
It doesn't look like an exact replication of the rules but a reasonable compromise, would be interesting if the same rules were applied for admission to league competitions but I guess that would be a little too harsh on the casual player.

A compromise is what it is, mainly because no one knows how they are going to work yet and what will, or won't count. Until that's all sorted, such as whether Man City's huge sponsorship deal of their training complex counts or not, or quite how Anzi are going to be allowed into European competition, or any of the other thousands of questions are answered, we'll be using the compromise system that we have.

Will we see an improvement to the sponsorship system? It's a good thing for playability that it's harder to get into debt with fm then real life. However it seems harder to get rich and become a top team in fm then real life. Example a L2 team going to the PL over a few years and eventually becoming league winners/CL winners would have a lot of benefit for additional sponsors to help upgrade facilities/pay wages/etc..

Fantastic introduction SI made imo, will definitely be useful for teams struggling financially which will keep them earning some profit months after months while still using facilities. Seems like they are introducing some impact money have on clubs such as facilities, sponsorships (?) and etc.

Has the board's complete stupidity regarding cancelling projects been fixed? Will we see the end of the "we have limited or negative funds, and are cancelling this important project, ignoring that we are about to receive 20 million in prize money in a week" issue?

This is a big problem for me in fm11. For a midtable club that has been taken up to top level I get the cancellantion message nearly every season and so I can't actually improve any of my facilities even though I'm winning most things.

Travelling costs to games are now better modelled, as are the cost of sending scouts out.

Excellent There's now some down side to scouting every player in your Player Search database. Before it only seemed to cost the user time. I hope it takes into account the cost of flying from country to country say if you have a scout on assignment in Spain and send him off to look at a player in Brazil in the middle of it does that cost more then sending your scout in Portugal?

It fits nicely into this blog so I'll ask here.

Is the Min/Max/Ave attendance suitably adjusted to take into account the teams league? One of the biggest issues with turning a small club into a big one is that when you reach Serie A/La Liga/Whatever you're still attracting roughly the same crowds as you did when you were playing against the Worksop Second XI.

And I'd definitely stop making it hard for teams to go into debt. It makes long term games very.. samey.

Something that I have never seen in the game is a club ceasing to exist due to being bankrupt. This is something that happens in real life to teams such as Wimbledon, Chester City, Telford, Halifax...... Is this something that is likely to happen in the new game or is it something that has been there before but I've just never come accross it?

Something that I have never seen in the game is a club ceasing to exist due to being bankrupt. This is something that happens in real life to teams such as Wimbledon, Chester City, Telford, Halifax...... Is this something that is likely to happen in the new game or is it something that has been there before but I've just never come accross it?

Can't be done for legal reasons. Plus little kids crying when their favourite club is bankrupt and goes out existence :p

Will we see an improvement to the sponsorship system? It's a good thing for playability that it's harder to get into debt with fm then real life. However it seems harder to get rich and become a top team in fm then real life. Example a L2 team going to the PL over a few years and eventually becoming league winners/CL winners would have a lot of benefit for additional sponsors to help upgrade facilities/pay wages/etc..

I disagree with this, I actually think it would be better to be more realistic. I would enjoy the challenge of being in Plymouth's position in real life, where they are literally pennyless and cant pay the wages and it would be a great challenge to try to avoid relegation with them. The financial model in previous FM games was very predictable, with Man City keeping their Chairmen for the entirety of the game and constantly battling Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal for the title and this would span for decades. I think their should be more unpredictability, like for example a team like Watford get taken over by some Tycoon from Asia and have the resources that Man City have now and fight for the title in 2013/14, this sort of thing just doesn't seem to happen in FM games, which is a shame.

I agree with a poor team being bought over. QPR have wealthy owners, but I wouldn't expect them to challenge for the title for about 10 seasons or something.

The game does need more of this though. Even if you start at a wealthy club like Man City, perhaps the club could be sold to less wealthy people after 10,15,20 seasons or something?

But clubs going pennyless is a legal issue, afaik.

I disagree with this, I actually think it would be better to be more realistic. I would enjoy the challenge of being in Plymouth's position in real life, where they are literally pennyless and cant pay the wages and it would be a great challenge to try to avoid relegation with them. The financial model in previous FM games was very predictable, with Man City keeping their Chairmen for the entirety of the game and constantly battling Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal for the title and this would span for decades. I think their should be more unpredictability, like for example a team like Watford get taken over by some Tycoon from Asia and have the resources that Man City have now and fight for the title in 2013/14, this sort of thing just doesn't seem to happen in FM games, which is a shame.

In my game Abramovich had left Chelsea and they have suffered big time since, i have seen threads when the Man City chairman has left and the club has been ruined because of it, it does happen. Infact in every single game if you play long enough these chairmen will leave eventually. Even in my Aberdeen game our chairman starts off never wanting to leave the club with the highest values possible, but he has now sold the club to someone else after 22 seasons. Smaller clubs also do get taken over by tycoons, again using my game as an example Dundee United have been taken over this season by a tycoon who sacks managers every 6 months, but they are spending the same amount of money as the top teams. But these situations, like real life are rare.

I remember in FM09 (I think) I was so sick of my chairman being a penny pincher that I worked out how old he'd be at a certain season and holidayed to that, yet he lived to be about 140 years old before I grew tired of waiting for him to die.

Club ownership changing is definitely too rare. Perhaps for FM 15 or something it'll be sorted :)

Im pretty sure i read somewhere also that this is practically impossible with the coding of the game, a club going out of existance would affect every national league below it, plus more, and effectively too much for the game to deal with. Also as others have said i dont think they're allowed for legal reasons. I have seen premiership clubs drop to League 2 and conference but never go out of buisness...

I remember in FM09 (I think) I was so sick of my chairman being a penny pincher that I worked out how old he'd be at a certain season and holidayed to that, yet he lived to be about 140 years old before I grew tired of waiting for him to die.

Club ownership changing is definitely too rare. Perhaps for FM 15 or something it'll be sorted :)

Just spat my coffee :lol:

Linking into Stadia will artificial surfaces cease to show weathering, currently managing a team with a 2nd generation plastic pitch & surprised to see the centre circle & goal mouth looking like worn, also in general the pitch does not even look artificial.

Regarding the editor changes...specifically the league split in regional leagues...

I always create a regional league consisting of clubs from several different countries, but have to host it IN one of the countries. So, rather than showing up as a regional league, it will appear to be a normal league but will have teams from a few countries.

Do these changes mean that I can actually make a PROPER regional league such that teams from a few existing domestic leagues can be promoted into it, and are then (subject to their placement) relegated back into their original domestic league? With the regional league not being hosted in one of the existing nations?

I hope that's clear... :)

As for the realistic costs of team travel, if I arrange a pre-season friendly in a far off land and say the fee paid to my club by the host is £3K, will travelling etc expenses be decucted from this making it not financially worthwhile or will the £3K be a paid sum with expenses covered by the host club, so the cost to the travelling team will be just small sundry costs.

Odd question perhaps but crucial to the way I manage at Blue Square levels.

Just that fact that a Blue Square club is able to play in a far off country is wrong. So I hope there is no real reward in it!

In my game Abramovich had left Chelsea and they have suffered big time since, i have seen threads when the Man City chairman has left and the club has been ruined because of it, it does happen. Infact in every single game if you play long enough these chairmen will leave eventually. Even in my Aberdeen game our chairman starts off never wanting to leave the club with the highest values possible, but he has now sold the club to someone else after 22 seasons. Smaller clubs also do get taken over by tycoons, again using my game as an example Dundee United have been taken over this season by a tycoon who sacks managers every 6 months, but they are spending the same amount of money as the top teams. But these situations, like real life are rare.

NO WAY!

Milne left??? Currently in a Dons save (Season 5) and I shant lie, I would love to see him go (Real life ina)

Was he replaced with someone who throws money at you?

NO WAY!

Milne left??? Currently in a Dons save (Season 5) and I shant lie, I would love to see him go (Real life ina)

Was he replaced with someone who throws money at you?

Unfortunately no :( He was replaced with someone who likes accepting bids for all my players!! I would rather have kept Milne. Plus Willie also left the club when Milne did!!

Im hoping MORE money becomes available, having taken Truro to Premier and Champions League Glory (4 Prem League titles, 2 Champ League titles, not to mention a couple of League Cup, FA Cups, charity SHields, Euro super cups, Europa cup, and World CLub Cup) over 15 years of premier league life, surely my board can get more than £4million shirt sponsorship!!

Lost interest as The Uniteds, BArcelonas have deals rating around £40 million, plus umpteen OTHER sponsor deals, and I stuck with one 25 year stadium deal and a yearly shirt deal (Most annoying when I get £30-40 million to spend, and teams want quadruple for a £15 million striker, and Barca can pay £86 million for them!!)

• 1 month later...

right,hello and appologies in front if this isnt thr right place for this..ive spent quite a while searching for somwhere to put a complaint/suggestion about fm12.....

so here it is, personally i love footbal manager games,fml introduced me to the FM series,fm11 was my first ever pc game,now playing fm12,now then,i have to tell of the most infuriating part of this game,im not kidding,it makes me furious and its all about in game injuries,every time my team start to do well the match engine cripples half my squad,i just played one game where we won 4-1 but the consequences for doing so were that i lost 4 key players in one game,now have no fear,i replayed the game,wasnt having my best players out for so long,one player i had just bought,it was his first match and out for 3 mnths..

this is not an isolated incident,in fmlive it did the same,i dropped many posts complaining of this,in fm11 it does the same,now i cant vouch for every one but for me it spoils it,i dont mind getting players injured,i usually bring in a hot shot kid and the game goes on,but when im playing and i get 4 out in one game after having a great result then my blood boils over,honestly,if i knew who thought it would be a good idea to have such handicaps dished out i would be slapping them stupid.its almost done out of spite,some sort of vebfull catch up logic to hinder your sucess(its says oh your doing well lets **** things up for you),like i say,every time we have a string of good results followed by a 3/4 goal thrashing of the opposition you could bet your house that your key players will start to be picked off...

its beyond a joke and i suggest if you want this game to become even more popular you kerb this element of the game down,or,better still,have an option to SWITCH INJURIES ON AND OFF...

also,when i play fm12,i have it extended onto my wide screen TV,your game does not seem to be designed for this as on some pages especially the coaching/training page some of the options dissapear and are unselectable,im thinking of the shooting option.to see it i have to move the game over to the laptop screen,must be a resolution thing i havnt sussed yet....

last but not least,can we please have the characters BIGGER and the ball BIGGER so it is seeable?,on wide screen it is not,i have to set up on a bean bag infront of the TV before i can see the ball properly.maybe a zoom aspect on TV view?

i realise its designed for a laptop or pc where the player is right on top of the screen but me,I am from the playstation generation their are masses of us and now we can use laptops and pc's like playstations i even have the cideko air mouse which is like the ps controllers but with a key board built into it,genius! this way i have a pc gaming experience that rivals any games console,i belive it is the way forward and you at FM12/sega need to be accomodating for it :D

thanks

dave javu

be free...

Archived