release day

brad71

iirc SI have confirmed that they are aiming to release FM12 on the 21st october, which is not a cast iron guarantee.

as for deliveries, amazon, play, etc are all at the liberty of the glorious postal systems we have in the world

i recieved an email from SEGA stating the release date as 21st october and if you goto www.footballmanager.com that also states 21st october

What sort of delivery did you pay, or not pay, for? Super Saver (free) has generally turned up on the day of release in my experience, but they don't guarantee sending the game out in time for release day with Super Saver (unlike Prime or the paid delivery options) so you might get it Saturday or even Monday.

Yes, they did. The release date of this year isn't definitely confirmed but 21st of October they announced is the date they are aiming for it to be released :)

they originally said it was the date they were aiming for.

then i received an email, quite clearly stating 'Release Date Anounced'.

to quote the email:

'The blogs started on Monday so there are already new features to read about, and the first news we announced was that the release date for Football Manager 2012™ on PC & Mac will be Friday 21st October!'.

so its now set in stone, otherwise the email would have stated it was an estimated release date.

i can't remember the last time SI specified a date and then had to move it.

to quote the email:

'The blogs started on Monday so there are already new features to read about, and the first news we announced was that the release date for Football Manager 2012™ on PC & Mac will be Friday 21st October!'.

so its now set in stone, otherwise the email would have stated it was an estimated release date.

True, good point there. But I was only going with what Miles said on announcement. But if they already set it in stone then I apologise :)

to quote the email:

i can't remember the last time SI specified a date and then had to move it.

the release date is 21 october, without doubts. have you seen the videoblog? at the end of every video there is an image "out october 21". Or have you read today's blog?

The release date is 21st October.

We wouldn't have released that date if we weren't as sure as we can be that we'll be able to meet it. However, we can never be 100% certain as the game is still in the process of being finalised and tested and if a game breaking bug or crash was to come up that meant we couldn't release on that day then the release would end up being delayed.

There are no signs, at the moment, of that being necessary though. We will, of course, let you know as soon as we can if that changes.

Archived