Is FM will ever get players changing nationality based on desire playing for other nation

It start with a players desire to become that nationality, not desire to play for the country. If a brazilian what to become an EU citizern for in what ever country he is in, then it is upto said manager of country to call him up then the player can refuse or accept. Carlos Cuellar: stated he might consider playing for england once he has been in the country long enough (think he only has a season left) but that if spain don't call him up.

Players (once they've been in the country long enough) can opt to play for their adopted country in the game if they want. Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Nearly right they have to want to become the nationality first, I think its the same has work permits, even though you send a play out to Belgium to get a permit the play may turn it down seeing theres no benefit.

being eligible and desire to play for the nation is not the same. :)

all i can observe is players in FM; should the are eligible to play for more than 1 nation; are coded to have willing to play for higher rep nations only, even if he is not called to play.

IRL, there are quite many players that opt for lower reputation nation because he has seemingly lesser chance for his usual nation.

Max Vieri, Amauri, foreign dudes from singapore national teams etc.

I've had several players choose to take up a nationality, when eligible, with the stated reason being along the lines of "Feels he will never be picked for [starting nationality] so has opted to play for [new nationality]. [Player] is now eligible for all future [new nationality] squads." Have a recent SS somewhere of a Brazilian doing just this in Macedonia.

Again though, may be misunderstanding the OP.

all i can observe is players in FM; should the are eligible to play for more than 1 nation; are coded to have willing to play for higher rep nations only, even if he is not called to play.

This is not true, in my time managing lower leagues I have had:

- A player born in England who chose to play for Eritrea

- A player born in England who chose to play for Ireland

- A player born in France who chose to play for the Democratic Republic of Congo

- Many players that would be eligible for France playing for Reunion or Guadeloupe

This is not true, in my time managing lower leagues I have had:

- A player born in England who chose to play for Eritrea

- A player born in England who chose to play for Ireland

- A player born in France who chose to play for the Democratic Republic of Congo

- Many players that would be eligible for France playing for Reunion or Guadeloupe

This causes A large debate here in Northern Ireland, A player born in Northern Ireland can play for Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. A Player born in England shouldn't be able to play for Ireland, but if they have Northern Irish parents or grandparents then they become eligible for the Republic of Ireland. A ridiculous situation that is really damaging Northern Irish football but FIFA couldn't give a toss

I've seen a few players become eligable but not seen the AI managers use them.

When I manged England once I called Xisco up to my world cup squad as he had a blinding season he scored twice against Spain in the final too, their loss haha!

In real life, I believe there is a gentelmen's agreement among the home nations not to use naturalized citizens in national teams. A player playing in England gets British citizenship, not "English" so could theoretically play for any of the four.

The OP posted a previous thread asking never enough the same question. He had a brazilian and after 4 1/2 years the play decided not to take up the nationality. Looks like he posted this to get second opinions.

that's not me. :)

Others:

So it's in the game ? Good then.

No need to post SS, mate.

It's only in my game then. I have 2 regens with asian nationality but always want to play for netherland despite never got chosen.

Archived