when a player has days left to get nationality

i dont know its a bug or what have you in fm11 i got a brazil player and hes been with me for about 4/5 years and he was abotu 2 days from getting nationality in britain but then it say the day before he was going to get it says

sees no benefit

i dont understand why you didnt pick that years ago and not the day before hes ment to get it i have had it before as welll

anyone's two cents?

olley

It depends on the player, if he is an old player then he doesn't see the point especially if he has had caps for his own nationality, if he is youngster he might just not want to be british.

Brad Friedel - Wants to become an EU Citizern, Carlos Cuellar - Is thinking about it, Stiliyan Petrov - Sees no Benefit. All depends on the player

Whilst not being full international I have had a player play for belgium after he gained nationality due to work permit problems in england. Being Welsh myself there have been a few cases where players have opted for wales instead of waiting for a chance with england. But the other side of the coin is when players like Owen Hargreaves and Ryan Giggs, Hargreaves played for Wales youth levels before opting for england whilst giggs did it the other way round played for england yths then opted for wales.

It depends on the player, if he is an old player then he doesn't see the point especially if he has had caps for his own nationality, if he is youngster he might just not want to be british.

Brad Friedel - Wants to become an EU Citizern, Carlos Cuellar - Is thinking about it, Stiliyan Petrov - Sees no Benefit. All depends on the player

Petrov is Bulgarian, EU citizen. He does not need a work permit.

Whilst not being full international I have had a player play for belgium after he gained nationality due to work permit problems in england. Being Welsh myself there have been a few cases where players have opted for wales instead of waiting for a chance with england. But the other side of the coin is when players like Owen Hargreaves and Ryan Giggs, Hargreaves played for Wales youth levels before opting for england whilst giggs did it the other way round played for england yths then opted for wales.

Giggs only played and captained England schoolboys as he was living in England. Contrary to popular belief, he was never eligible for the full England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school, in Giggs' case Moorside High School in Salford).

Archived