New Game, Big Club

OK I have been really tempted to start a new game being a big club. I normally start from League 1 and lower, and find the game enjoyable. But then I read posts about being big clubs and buying all the best players from the start. I have found it really hard to play as a big club, is there any tips to make the game last long? I have thought it maybe boring to start at the top.

It depends on what you want out of it, some people go bigs clubs for ease, some go them because they support them. Big clubs can make it easier to concentrate on developing youngsters becuase the first team is already sound. I tend to go for the 5-10th placed teams in Premier League so there is that little bit of a challenge.

Set some rules and stick to them. I'm the same when it comes to big clubs, big fan of Man Utd but are boring to manage. Best time I've gotten out of playing as them was playing them as if I was SAF, similar tactics, keeping loyalty to certain players, only buying players that you'd expect to buy in real life with the right personalities, keeping the backroom staff mostly untouched, that sort of thing.

I kinda adapted that approach to my recent Nordsjaelland (smaller club) save too, which has vastly improved my playing experience.

I like to play with big clubs cos I can buy players that I wouldn't have a chance to sign for lower clubs. So it gives a bit of fun to the game.

Also then after a few seasons with that club, and building them up. I can move onto another top club. And then it's interesting when I meet my former team in the competitions.

Just go from top club to top club whenever I get a chance. Build up teams to greatness and then leave lol.

Usually get about 40 or 50 seasons out of it before I get bored.

I genuninly wasn't trying to abuse any wimbledon fans, although im not going to argue its a plus! i was just saying MKDONS as thats who they are now and not everyone may know, to be fair i mentioned newcastle too and as a magpies fan i cant remember us winning anything lately (Except the Championship)

Archived