Difference between these two FM12 pre-order offers

Nani17

perhaps Steam should take note!

Indeed. I love Steam because I can keep my games online and easy to install, without having the disc.

But, I hate the pricing. Steam keeps the price at an unnatural high level. I've seen games still selling for 40-50€ on Steam, while I can get them at other places for 20-25€.

Indeed. I love Steam because I can keep my games online and easy to install, without having the disc.

But, I hate the pricing. Steam keeps the price at an unnatural high level. I've seen games still selling for 40-50€ on Steam, while I can get them at other places for 20-25€.

Steam is a store, where publishers sell their games at whatever price they want. Bitch on the publishers' forums.

True, but I usually buy thru Steam when they're having sales (except a few titles such as FM which I pay full whack for). The bargains I get on the sales they have more than makes up for the slightly inflated release day prices the have.

Each to their own though. Living in the US, I unfortunately have no way to shop around for a retail version.

Steam is a store, where publishers sell their games at whatever price they want. Bitch on the publishers' forums.

Yes, steam is just a retail store that deals just in downloads of games, like any other store they set their own prices, the game publishers don't, they just give them a RRP (recommended retail price), so get your facts right before you post next time.

Yes, steam is just a retail store that deals just in downloads of games, like any other store they set their own prices, the game publishers don't, they just give them a RRP (recommended retail price), so get your facts right before you post next time.

You're the one that's wrong. Publishers set Steam prices, Steam gets a percentage of the price that the publishers set.

It's a well known fact that publisher are the one who set the price on places like Steam and other download service. The reason why price on steam is not much cheaper than retail shops is very much got to do with pressure from retail chains. Since download service like steam has an enormous advantage in terms of convenience, the only thing traditional retailers has left is price point, and they would fight very hard to keep that advantage.

Wasn't me who believed that rubbish! :applause:

You don't believe direct quotes from publishers? Take off the tin foil hat.

It's a well known fact that publisher are the one who set the price on places like Steam and other download service. The reason why price on steam is not much cheaper than retail shops is very much got to do with pressure from retail chains. Since download service like steam has an enormous advantage in terms of convenience, the only thing traditional retailers has left is price point, and they would fight very hard to keep that advantage.

Thankyou.

Sorry not convinced, maybe it's because I'm not gullible!

No I think it's because you don't listen to reason. I mean, you still haven't come up with a reason for publishers to be lying about who sets prices. If Steam prices are so bad, you'd think that they would be wanting to say that Steam sets them. Furthermore, if Steam has full control over prices then they could easily undercut the retail market but they don't, again, why? I don't expect you to be able to come up with logical answers to these questions, but good on you for believing so firmly in something.

The truth is that while there are the people who insist in trying to have the games before everybody else, then steam will keep selling them at their set in stone prices, and insisting that it is the publishers fault, the more worrying fact is that some gullible people will believe them. End of!

Archived