Percentage of transfer revenue made available

In the January transfer window, my available percentage was a pitiful 10%, and as I was expecting some sizable bids to come in for my players I requested that the board increase the %. They agreed, however it never actually increased. In the end I didn't sell any players so it didn't matter, and then a few months later I received a message saying the directors had pumped £650k into the club coffers (presumably as our finances aren't great and we were losing money). Currently I've just had the season update and the % revenue is still at 10%. I just flogged a youth prospect I picked up the season before for £45k for £475k so got 10% of that added to my transfer budget (what joy), and I was looking to see if I could get the % raised seeing as I just swelled the clubs coffers, but the option is greyed out saying it's been used recently. I was considering selling some more players for decent wedges, however if I'm not going to get any of the money back then what's the point? How long does it usually take before this option becomes available again, i.e. should I hold off selling players until I can try to get this raised?

Theres 2 reasons why you get a low %;

1. You're broke and need to keep the money

2. They don't trust you

If you just sit around and do nothing about the clubs finances it won't get raised unless you win everything in which case finances probably aren't an issue anyway.

Theres 2 reasons why you get a low %;

1. You're broke and need to keep the money

2. They don't trust you

If you just sit around and do nothing about the clubs finances it won't get raised unless you win everything in which case finances probably aren't an issue anyway.

I would hope the board trust me seeing as I won Greek Manager of the Year two seasons in a row, won the Greek cup against all the odds the season before last and got into the CL qualifiers for this coming season. My reputation in the game is still crap though as I started off as a semi professional footballer. I wouldn't say I actively see it as my job to improve the clubs finances, the board give me a budget and it is up to me to use that budget to the best of my ability. If I get a sizable offer for a player who wants to leave and I feel it's in the best interests of the club, then I will sell. My philosophy is to try and hang on to my better players though or else we'll never get anywhere. I did bring some money into the club through the cup run and from the Europa league but we're still losing money hand over fist.

Almost a relief given boards are rubbish with calculating finances, at least looking at your balance will let you know what you really have instead of trusting a board's budget, with wages it's not so simple. It helps for those that do take the board too much at face value that they can sell to make money but not rush into spending it and dropping way back into the red or something like it.

Hmm, will the board ever come to you and tell you you need to sell players to balance the books? The only way I can see my club progressing is if I somehow make it into the group stages of the CL or at least enjoy some success in the Europa league, because as things stand I'm punching above my weight as it is and will never be able to compete with the top sides in my league. I'm getting some serious bids for my top young starlets now but I'd like to hang on to them as I won't be able to replace them with players of similar quality, and we'll slide down the league and I won't be able to meet my board expectations and get fired.

Archived