Reserve Investment Fund

Lem

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe...I'm not sure actually since I never save that much money in FM. I think you can get by with 700 million without any problems tbh, since you managed to get a 1.3 billion bank balance...perhaps if you really need it if for some reason you lose 700 million the next season, but not sure.

Maybe...I'm not sure actually since I never save that much money in FM. I think you can get by with 700 million without any problems tbh, since you managed to get a 1.3 billion bank balance...perhaps if you really need it if for some reason you lose 700 million the next season, but not sure.

Absolutely, ONLY £700m? I've got £16,000 in my current Dartford save...talk about contrast...

• SI Staff

The reserve investments are registered in the club accounts as a "loss" simply because the money is taken out of the club accounts and put into a separate fund outside of the club. If you run into trouble and need money, the board can invest money back into the club from the reserve funds. And at that point it is pure income on the club accounts as "investments".

how on earth do you even reach hundreds of millions?

With a big enough team in a big enough stadium, with a focus on developing youth and selling players in their prime it's quite easy to make hundreds of millions quite quickly. You tend to end up spending 60-70 mil a year on 15-20 top prospects, and around 300 mil a year on player sales. Wages stay low as players move on before they get that bumper contract, and lower wages at the club mean new signings and renewing players aren't as greedy.

With that style of play it's hard not to end up mega mega rich.

With a big enough team in a big enough stadium, with a focus on developing youth and selling players in their prime it's quite easy to make hundreds of millions quite quickly. You tend to end up spending 60-70 mil a year on 15-20 top prospects, and around 300 mil a year on player sales. Wages stay low as players move on before they get that bumper contract, and lower wages at the club mean new signings and renewing players aren't as greedy.

With that style of play it's hard not to end up mega mega rich.

Pretty much this. Although I don't spend that much on buying the youth - 15 players usually around 2 mil each at most - but can be sold for 15 mil each, sometimes more. loans can bring in a few mil a year + champions league revenue, tv money etc etc.

So long as you're able to keep your wages down it's ok - but I'm at least 2 and a half million over the most I have ever spent on a FM game before. Never before have I gone over 5.5 million a month in wages with my policy of bringing young players through and yet it's rocketing up at the moment. Youth wages are absurd on FM11.

• 1 year later...

I just got one of these for the first time ever - £301m deposited!

The best reasoning I saw behind this fund from threads I searched through was this: "As the club's balance is represented by a signed 32 bit integer, the highest value it can represent is 2,147,483,647. I believe that the situation you mentioned is a safeguard against going over that amount. Basically you won't see that money again as it is lost/dumped/whatever."

Which is correct, Riz Remes' comment or the one I've whacked in speech marks?

The best reasoning I saw behind this fund from threads I searched through was this: "As the club's balance is represented by a signed 32 bit integer, the highest value it can represent is 2,147,483,647. I believe that the situation you mentioned is a safeguard against going over that amount. Basically you won't see that money again as it is lost/dumped/whatever."

Well, who made the comments in speech marks? Since Riz is a dev, I think his voice carries some weight...

More importantly, what happens if the reserve investment fund exceed 2 billion? Will this suddenly be a negative you have to pay off? I'd feel robbed if that happened :confused:

More importantly, what happens if the reserve investment fund exceed 2 billion? Will this suddenly be a negative you have to pay off? I'd feel robbed if that happened :confused:

Good point. Looks like £300m or thereabouts is the "normal" contribution to the fund, so it "only" takes less than seven contributions to the fund to hit any £2bn limit.

*2 billion

There was a bug a couple of versions back that flipped your balance to -£2b when you hit £2b, they put this in as a safeguard

That was because your balance hit the limit for a 32bit integer so it would wrap around to the opposite extreme. It would do the opposite if you went into more debt than the ~£2.1billion limit.

That was because your balance hit the limit for a 32bit integer so it would wrap around to the opposite extreme. It would do the opposite if you went into more debt than the ~£2.1billion limit.

Wait so you're saying if I ran the club into the ground at supersonic speeds, I would instantly become rich?

Wait so you're saying if I ran the club into the ground at supersonic speeds, I would instantly become rich?

You could in the old ChampMan 03/04 (i did it accidentally while trying to destroy a club that shall remain unnamed >.>), but i'm sure they've dealt with that by now.

Both - they're saying the same thing!

If your balance exceeds £2billlion+ you used to lose all that money so SI brought in that reserve fund so money is safely stashed away rather than being lost.

Good point. Looks like £300m or thereabouts is the "normal" contribution to the fund, so it "only" takes less than seven contributions to the fund to hit any £2bn limit.

Ah, but the fund might not be a signed 32-bit integer; it might be something that can represent higher values. (There will be far fewer of these funds than there will be club balances, so the larger size of those variables won't matter so much.)

Archived