The downfall

massij

In my save i am pretty much amazed at the rate of which Barcelona are going down . . i am still november of the 3rd season but it is looking quite bad..

In terms of transfers they havent been too bad..first season spent around 12 million on 4 youngsters .. 1 of which is currently on loan at villareal , another they sold for half what they paid to juventus and the others are reserves to the first team..

2nd season they sold pretty much no one to note but they lost thiago alcantra to me .. they did buy however 21 million worth of players .. 3 of which were spent on a quite prommising 16 yr old ..11 million were spent on my adebayor (messi got injured for 6 months) and the others on half decent players..

3rd season their departed players to note where eric abidal and gabi milito for free and i paid out 34.5 mln for mascherano ..they paid 25 mln for marko marin and another 6 million for a backup and a 20 yr old player who might be good enough as a substitute but is currently on loan.

the first season started off terribly for barca ..they lost both of the super cup games to sevilla ..by a shocking 4-1 and 1-3 ..They went on to loose the liga bbva to real madrid both had 94 points but real had won the face to face meetings although barca had a +26 gd compared to real. They did however win the CL beating Real madrid 5-1 in the final..They were eliminated by osasuna in the cup

The second season started off well as they beat me 1-0 thx to a messi stunner for the european super cup..Things did however go wrong when messi got injured for 6 months although adebayor played his part superbly pitching in 18 league apps and 19 goals with an avg rating of 7.6 They were eliminated from the cup in the 6th round by malaga and from the CL in the quarter final by inter 4-0 on aggregate and lost out to real madrid in the bbva because of the face to face encounters once again..they did win the club world cup to their credit..

Then started the 3rd season and thats when it really kicks off.. i am still 3rd november but the once mighty barca lie in 11th place in the league with 13 points from 9 games and 3rd in the CL group with 2 points from 3 matches managing a tie at home to benfica , a tie away to club bruge and a loss at home against me (although to their credit they did put up a fight)..

this seemed curious as they have a solid team ..is it just their manager ? (after the first season pep left to fill in the void left by sir alex and arsene wenger took up the reigns at camp nou..and also his job status is only now gone down to insecure ? shouldnt he have been shown the door by

now ?

What 4 players did they buy in that first season?

I am managing Barca at the moment and have only lost 1 game coming up to the end of February and that was in the Spanish Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg but I went through due to my win in the first leg.

Henrique 4.2 mln (currently on loan to villareal )

Lucas gaucho 4.2 mln (sold for 2.3 mln to juve after 2 seasons in which he made 17 league apps) [both from sao paolo]

Lacina Traore 3.2 mln from CFR Cluj (made 16 league apps first season played quite well spent the 2nd playing for B team and now acting as a reserve)

Matheus Carvalho 3.3 mln from fluminese (always a barca b team member)

not the best possible signings. .

they have just sacked arsene wenger after tying again in the league and losing to me in the cl

Archived