Go on Holiday / Retire

If you retire the game ends unless you create a new manager, if you go on holiday your assistant takes over managing your club until you return but you can set options to tell him how you want him to manage such as use current lineup/tactics, bid for players on my shortlist etc.

It depends why you want to use the holiday feature. It's good for advancing the game quickly between matches, through matches if you don't like to play them, or several years into the future if you want to just see what happens with teams/players or for testing an edited database.

Also useful for mulitplayer games if one of your party is not available to play, or to pass the time quicker while you are unemployed.

You can choose to holiday for a day, a week, a specific date or to return when offered a job. You can also choose to reject all bids for players and to use current tactics / team selection if you wish, or leave it to your assistant to decide.

From personal experience, going on holiday and letting my assistant take over is not a good idea, he never quite gets the results that I do. Plus I love the whole experience of managing, so in my current game I have played for about 6500 days and not holidayed a single one.

Retiring just ends the game.

Archived