"some players are struggling to motivate themselves with player xyz as captain"

as the topic says, having the problem, that even though Ive had a very successful season (2nd in the league, won coupe de la ligue and french cup with rennais in the first season) morales are all superb, my players dont want to play with mangane as a captain. Ive never changed the captain in my save and mangane is the one with the highes influence attribute (15) and still I cant solve this problem. there was never a dispute like him tutoring someone and then ending in an argumentation. what can I do? I cant replace him with someone else, who has lower influence, as Im sure, he will face the same problem a year later...

would be happy about some ideas :)

Influence, Determination, Work rate and Decisions can all help a captain. What are his stats in these areas, influence alone isn't all that good an indicator, if the guy with 15 also has 15 determination and 15 work rate as opposed to the current captain who has 10 for them both its a no-brainer to change.

he has almost played every single game. he is indispensable to the club, has determination 14, work rate 17 or something like that and also high work rate. hes my first choice center back and just at the start of the scnd season, without any reasons, I am facing such a problem. I mean, who can I replace him with? there isnt any other who has higher or the same attribute in influence...

such a bug from SI. imagine, irl, a team doesnt want to play with someone as a captain, even though he has been captain for years and had never any problems with his teammates and brings always good performances...

I had this problem with Marek Hamsik at Napoli, despite him being the highest reputation player in the team at the time and most likely having the highest CA as well. I agree with santy001 that determination probably plays a huge part, and probably the 'pressure' stat as players with a low number in this area tend to not fully embrace the captaincy.

so you want to tell me, that I just have to sign a player in order to make him a captain, when I take over a team, which hasnt this type of player? its such a shame, only because I want to have a long term game, I now have to look for teams, who have captains with high influence, determination, work rate and so on, in order to make sure, that my game doesnt get broke in the 2nd season...

getting really on my nerves, as I had to give up my beautiful save with rennais, just because of this problem...

well done SI

so you want to tell me, that I just have to sign a player in order to make him a captain, when I take over a team, which hasnt this type of player? its such a shame, only because I want to have a long term game, I now have to look for teams, who have captains with high influence, determination, work rate and so on, in order to make sure, that my game doesnt get broke in the 2nd season...

getting really on my nerves, as I had to give up my beautiful save with rennais, just because of this problem...

well done SI

Has your player been linked to a move to a bigger club and hes replied by saying he would like to go. Signing a new captain isn't really the option to go for unless you plan on using him the year after or so, so players will have chance to build a relationship with him before he's made Captain.

Has your player been linked to a move to a bigger club and hes replied by saying he would like to go. Signing a new captain isn't really the option to go for unless you plan on using him the year after or so, so players will have chance to build a relationship with him before he's made Captain.

yes often, but I always told him Im planing to do bigger things,, I want you to stay and he was always glad after the interaction and so on.

is it just one person or a few people that have the problem? if it is one person it could be that one person who has an issue with your captain, i know occasionally I've had that problem and the player gets sent out on loan and the other individual comes out and says he is glad that dude left.

is it just one person or a few people that have the problem? if it is one person it could be that one person who has an issue with your captain, i know occasionally I've had that problem and the player gets sent out on loan and the other individual comes out and says he is glad that dude left.

no mate, I get the pregame feedback, that several players are struggling to motivate themselves and so on...

thats the scnd time in my 3rd long term save, that I face such a problem. both times with stade rennes in france. I dont know, what to do. its getting on my nerves, when I spend hours to create a team, schedules, finding good coaches and so on and just when I say, ok, now Ive completed my team, this problem comes, even though I didnt change anything and everything is ok...

Had the same problem and I think its a situation that needs to be improved on, but your going to have to face the fact that if you stick with him as captain your team is unlikely to be able to play to their full ability unless you use fmrte. In my situation I changed the captain to my central defender who is a perfectionist, reasonable influence and 32 years old so unlikely to become unsettled by transfer speculation. I'd advise against using fmrte so you can avoid seeing hidden stats which would ruin the game unless you have a friend who can follow your instructions without you looking at the screen.

no mate, I get the pregame feedback, that several players are struggling to motivate themselves and so on...

thats the scnd time in my 3rd long term save, that I face such a problem. both times with stade rennes in france. I dont know, what to do. its getting on my nerves, when I spend hours to create a team, schedules, finding good coaches and so on and just when I say, ok, now Ive completed my team, this problem comes, even though I didnt change anything and everything is ok...

But everything is not ok.

A player who comes out and says he wants to leave the club - and you say he's done it often - and has to constantly be dissuaded is not a very inspirational figure when trying to get people to play for the shirt.

The players with high professionalism in your team will not respect him for haggling for a move all the time. You won't have noticed any visible signs of the squad hating him, because professional players tend not to make a scene about things, but if you FMRTE it, you'll see that your players don't like the guy - the hatred ratings go from 0 - 100, and it's only when it hits 50 that you know for sure (and you get the news items etc.) but often it can be at 30 or so and causing problems.

I don't see how you can argue that it's a bug. Some players IRL have flirted with a move and retained the respect of the squad (Gerrard, Rooney) but that's only when they were really popular before the transfer tension- your CB may have been respected, but he probably wasn't loved. Usually it leads to pretty strained relationships (it never boiled over, but there was an awkward tension with C.Ronaldo in his last year at Man Utd) and if done repeatedly certainly requires the removal of the armband. Can you imagine how it would go down with the Man City squad if Tevez had retained the captaincy? They probably wouldn't be huge outburststs, but the respect for the armband would certainly go down. G.Barry leaving Villa is another one where things got awkward.

Only Arsene Wenger likes to give the armband to players who are considering leaving, but then his teams of late are often noted to lack effective leadership.

The one thing that I think is a bug in this game is that players like Puyol, G.Neville and the like are not respected as captains because their reputation is lower than their team-mates, and no allowance is made for their status as club icons, and long-time squad members, which should really count for more in picking the captaincy.

But everything is not ok.

A player who comes out and says he wants to leave the club - and you say he's done it often - and has to constantly be dissuaded is not a very inspirational figure when trying to get people to play for the shirt.

The players with high professionalism in your team will not respect him for haggling for a move all the time. You won't have noticed any visible signs of the squad hating him, because professional players tend not to make a scene about things, but if you FMRTE it, you'll see that your players don't like the guy - the hatred ratings go from 0 - 100, and it's only when it hits 50 that you know for sure (and you get the news items etc.) but often it can be at 30 or so and causing problems.

I don't see how you can argue that it's a bug. Some players IRL have flirted with a move and retained the respect of the squad (Gerrard, Rooney) but that's only when they were really popular before the transfer tension- your CB may have been respected, but he probably wasn't loved. Usually it leads to pretty strained relationships (it never boiled over, but there was an awkward tension with C.Ronaldo in his last year at Man Utd) and if done repeatedly certainly requires the removal of the armband. Can you imagine how it would go down with the Man City squad if Tevez had retained the captaincy? They probably wouldn't be huge outburststs, but the respect for the armband would certainly go down. G.Barry leaving Villa is another one where things got awkward.

Only Arsene Wenger likes to give the armband to players who are considering leaving, but then his teams of late are often noted to lack effective leadership.

The one thing that I think is a bug in this game is that players like Puyol, G.Neville and the like are not respected as captains because their reputation is lower than their team-mates, and no allowance is made for their status as club icons, and long-time squad members, which should really count for more in picking the captaincy.

so, you say, I should sell any player, who is asking to move? mate, did you ever think about me playing with rennais, so thats its almost predictable, that almost every single player with some talent is getting offers from other clubs. If I sold every single of them, just to not cause problems in the team, I would end up a division lower and that would cause even more trouble for the team... and whats the point in having a discussion with him, telling him I want him to stay here at the club, because I want to create a team arround him and so on and he even shows positive reaction and is glad, how the interaction went, just in order to get some negative feedback of his teammates a few months later...

this way, you have no other choice than playing with some cheat tools like fmrte in order to always check up, whether everything is really going well. thats the scnd time, when my save was ruined by this bug. first because mangane was captain in the scnd season. then I again started a save with rennes and then in the 3rd season, people didnt want to play with m'vila as a captain, even though under his leadership we managed to take the quadruple and lost to manu in the cl final, just because suddenly this PROBLEM comes into life.

Archived