Stupid Question Of The Day

With all this talk about the youth system today I tried to load up a player search to take a look at U18 Brazilians, using the player search tool. No results came up, none.

Now is this because I do not have the biggest database? Surely not, as a smaller DB must bring up at least a few players.

Is it because the results say "well known players in your region " - first of all , Brazil isn't in my region (managing Coventry atm) , and also an U18 player isn't likely to be too well known, and besides, "well known" is not something I asked for.

Or is it because I'm manager of lowly Coventry , and there isn't the resources to see players that far afield? I thought that this only applied to sending my scouts as opposed to just a normal player search. Anyway, they have permission to go to Brazil.

Any help would be great, cheers.

They probably don't have a big enough rep for you to know about them. If you are able (which is unlikely with coventry) send a scout over there and then some will appear on your search. That is to say, the search only brings up the players a manager in your position would know about. So as coventry manager you're unlikely to know about U18 brazilians unless a scout tells you about them.

I have just sent a scout out there. I only usually use scouts to find players, thinking that the player search tool just shows up all the players in the DB , if that's the way you want to do it.

So you are saying the two are linked , if I send a scout out there, when I go to the player search screen I will see more players, or would it just be the players i would see on the scout reports screen.

I have just sent a scout out there. I only usually use scouts to find players, thinking that the player search tool just shows up all the players in the DB , if that's the way you want to do it.

So you are saying the two are linked , if I send a scout out there, when I go to the player search screen I will see more players, or would it just be the players i would see on the scout reports screen.

I think you'll see more players on the search than you get on the reports - although the scout reports will likely contain most of the best of the players he finds.

player search - age at most 18 . Assistant not filtering out unrealistic targets. No other filters, just age at most 18.

Players found - 3558, 3355 based in England, 203 based abroad.

So in summary to get that number higher I have to get busy with my scouts, or go to a higher rep team.

Archived