Twitter in FM 2012?

Just a quick question really...

Will there be an increased amount of things in FM 2012 that I can tweet about?

I loved the addition of the Twitter in-game status updater, but I felt that the amount of topics I could tweet about was limited to major (record-breaking) transfers, undefeated streaks and championships. I would love to see the addition of being able to tweet about every transfer I make (for example, if I sign a major talent that doesn't break my transfer record fee), when I get a new job in game and any major scorelines I feel are worth tweeting about.

Of course, I know that I could just manually tweet about them, but that is not the point. I would love to be able to tweet things in the game that I currently cannot do.

I'd want to tweet about every match... if I tweeted at all.. I plan to, with FM12, well.. maybe :p

But I do think that there aren't enough "post to twitter" things, and I hope they move the button because I go to "save as note" and it tries to post it to twitter instead.... :mad:

I do love Twitter, I think it's probably the best tool to come out of the internet for the past 10 years. I also love Football Manager dearly, however, I wouldn't want to bore to death any of followers I do have with FM tweets. Would anyone be really interested in how you're getting on in a game that they're not playing?

It's the equivalent of those obnoxious people on Facebook who post 50 million messages a day on how they're getting on in Farmville.

I thought Twitter integration was a nice touch in FM11 but I've never used it. The YouTube integration made more sense to me though.

The only thing good about the #FM2011 hashtag is that you get to laugh at cheats with 500+ winning streaks.

It's not really integration since it doesn't bond people together - all it does is spam someone's timeline. There's no "social" nor "networking" in this "social networking" integration within Football Manager.

I intend to start an FM only twitter feed for FM12, the only people I will choose to follow will be those who are also FM'ers - that way, I'm only getting tweets on that feed that are relevant to it (and if they follow me, they're getting the same ;) )

My "usual" twitter feed is separate from my FM playing.. I doubt that any of my followers are that interested in FM (if at all) and so I wouldn't really want to put them off following me because I start tweeting about FM - hence the new feed for FM only :)

I intend to start an FM only twitter feed for FM12, the only people I will choose to follow will be those who are also FM'ers - that way, I'm only getting tweets on that feed that are relevant to it (and if they follow me, they're getting the same ;) )

My "usual" twitter feed is separate from my FM playing.. I doubt that any of my followers are that interested in FM (if at all) and so I wouldn't really want to put them off following me because I start tweeting about FM - hence the new feed for FM only :)

Sounds like a good idea. I don't really care if people think I am spamming them with Football Manager tweets. Generally, the people I am following and vice versa are friends who are also fans of the game.

Whilst I may warm to seeing the word Steam anywhere within FM 2012 should I buy it, I would be furious should I see the words twitter/facebook or agent at any point.

A little box to tick to take these awful awful things would be just the bestest, ta :-)

Oh and youtube too, prefer not to see or hear anything about it within my game.

Archived