I'm confused... How can Messi not Tutor but a 20year old can?

OK, so I'm doing a quickie experiment with Barca and I notice that Dos Santos has V.Poor morale, so I click on his profile and browse around, eventually discovering that I can ask him to tutor another player... not all that unusual you might think but there are two things... firstly he is a Atletic player rather than a Barca one (B team) but secondly he's only 20 years old!!

es3pug.png

But Messi, the best player in the game, can't tutor because he's "not old enough" :confused:

30xihd2.png

I'm not sure that age is the only determining factor when it comes to tutoring players, I woudl imagine a number of the mental attributes are taken into account & there is always the age old problem of extremely gifted players like Messi, Pele, Maradona do not make for great tutors. How can they teach what comes natural, I believe Hoddle said that the toughest part of managing Swindon was trying to work out why a player could not do what he found to be a basic skill & didn't know how to teach that skill because it was so innate.

Edit: I think I might have over thought the issue, I believe age is playing a part as I just noticed that you're at the start of the game & let's be honest Messi isn't that old, as for the other fella at the age of 20 he is probably one of the more senior players in the B team so it makes sense that he would take one of the younger players under his wing

This little problem once again brings to light a long standing issue with how SI have designed FM to deal with the Spannish B teams, which TBH is an utter mess due to FM more of less treating them as seperate clubs who just have a feeder arrangement with the senior side.

Sure there is, Busquets, Bojan, Thiago, Dos Santos, Keirrison when he comes back, Sergio Roberto, Rafhina... heck, there's a whole raft of players he could tutor...

Busquets-Already a good payer in his own right, doesn't play same position

Bojan-Plays for Roma

Thiago-Yes

Dos Santos-Different position

Keirrison-Isn't back, been gone for ages

Sergi Roberto-Yes

Rafinha-Yes

Bottom two are still in the B side though, pretty small raft.

And what exactly would tutoring by Messi involve? 'Okay so when you pick the ball up on the halfway line, just skin 5 players and lob the keeper from 25 yards'

They need to share a same position, do they not?

Busquets has yellow for AMC, Messi has red for MC.

Here, do you know? I never noticed that... :lol: I guess not playing any MC's is why :p

Busquets currently has Competent as AMC (as does Dos Santos), it wouldn't take much to make him accomplished... anyway, I have him learning from Xavi atm. As has been said, tutoring is about changing personality and Busquets is "balanced" and has 13 determination.

Bojan doesn't play for Roma in FM 11.3... Keirrison will be back in my game, what ever the case is IRL is irrelevant. and the bottom two are actually in the U19's in my game. So, apart from having to complete the retraining of Busquets and Dos Santos to AMC if I were to get Messi to tutor them, all of the above mentioned players are potential tutee's of him. (when he reaches 24 and if I so choose)

I wouldn't... I was simply answering the question...

"is there anybody Messi can tutor?" - well obviously there is (once he gets to 24)

and pointing out that every one of the players named could, potentially, be a Tutee of Messi's with a bit of retraining. I didn't say that I'd tutor Busquets with Messi, just that I could do, if I wanted to..

Archived