Contract Feature

I know this suggestion is way too late, but not a difficult one to implement. OK so I am offering my star player a new long term contact and the board have said that I can only spend X amount per week. This makes it very hard to get him to sign as he wants 15k more a week than what I'm able to offer him. I've been at the club for many years, winning leagues every year and brought home a European trophy. I am mega rich and basically turned the club into a profitable club. I think by now with my tight financial control the board would let me offer players what contract I deem necessary.

So I think this would be a nice feature, not having this at the start of the game but after a few years when you have achieved Legend status within your club you should be able to offer any contract you want. Do you think Sir Alex or Arsene are told by their board that they can't sign a player because of 15k a week? Also it would make the game harder as it goes on, because with no wage or transfer restrictions you have to balance the books your self.

Arsene Wenger is definitely put a shoe-string for his players contracts. One of the main reasons their star players left, and the reason Arteta took a pay cut to join them.

However, in FM12 you can freeze areas of the contract and the agent will go back and look for different ways to earn that cash. Or they might not. Depends on agent/players etc.

But in FM12 you can definitely freeze the amount per week as the absolute limit you can offer. It's up to the agent to get the best out of the deal in other areas.

You've not read/understood the OP, you're talking about telling an agent that the most you can offer is £x but the OP would like to be able to offer in excess of the wage limit set by the game when trying to sign/retain a star player.

As for Arteta I doubt he had to take a paycut because of an in-house wage restriction, he took it because that is all Arsenal wanted to offer a 31 year old & in teh ned I guess he felt the lower wage was worth it for Champoions league football.

Well you can ask the board for more money. Or you can Adjust your Budget and take money from the Transfers and put it towards the Wages.

I don't think any manager, legend or not, is allowed free reign over wages. Which is why I specifically sited Arsene Wenger's plight with Arsenal and their strict wage controls, as it's a perfect example.

Some clubs allow it, some don't. You can ask the board and sometimes they will allow it.

This ties in to a thread I started a few days ago about the banded wage structrur currently in place, I think it is an area that could do with a little tweak & I do like the idea of going to the board & asking them to stump up a little extra money for a particular player, the 'he's the missing piece' arguement.

This ties in to a thread I started a few days ago about the banded wage structrur currently in place, I think it is an area that could do with a little tweak & I do like the idea of going to the board & asking them to stump up a little extra money for a particular player, the 'he's the missing piece' arguement.

If you went to the board there would have to be a limit, say maybe you can only ask once a year. So then if you had 5 players you could only pick one to offer a higher contract to. With the other four you would have to do it the old fashioned way.

Football clubs have a wage structure for a reason, well except Man City... Arsenal's top earners are only on £90k a week apparently, and the Arsenal board won't go higher - good for them I say, it's a pity other clubs don't have the same morals...

As for the OP's original point, I'd like the wage structure to be a little bit more flexible, I only ever really want to have 3 or 4 "key players" but accept that some of the first-team players are going to want big wages too... I can only give them those wages if I give them Key Player status though, I'd like a "maximum" and "minimum" wage for all players in the first-team set-up with flexibility as to who gets paid how much. The reliance then on squad status would obviously need to be lessened so that I can give a player a status of "rotation" but pay them the same as a "key" player (and vice-versa ofc..)

Archived