Hang on... What? Blackburn back to the top?!

I have no idea what's happened here, but managing Stromsgodset in Norway I made the group stages for the second time in 2 years in the Champions League. Now, who should I come up against in the Champions League group stages? If you answered Blackburn Rovers, champions of England in 2011-12, then you're 100% correct!

First season

Second season

Note: Images have been cropped for your viewing pleasure

Major signings you ask? None in the first season really, they loaned Kevin Theophile-Catherine for the season, signed Vegard Forren (who they have since sold) and also signed some cheap youngsters who aren't playing for them. Their title season they signed Leighton Baines for £12 mil, Ishak Belfodil on loan, Jermaine Lens for £6 mil, Marilungo for £7.5 mil, Alan Hutton for £2.5 mil, Phil Bardsley for £2.4 mil and a few other young players for not a whole lot. Their only major sale being Vegard Forren. Their team of the year:

teamoftheyear.jpg

Also, here's a "turtle".

It's like 1994/1995 all over again.

That defense is pretty solid, and not a bad goalkeeper (per se).

Junior Hoillet is a good player too. Signed him for my Leeds (in the prem) team and he does quite well.

Although - not really division winning quality lol.

Blackburn fan here.

Got a good couple of players, and should be hitting top half/very mid table (9th to 11th) with that group, but not champions.. In my game as both playing Bburn (6 seasons in - 2nd is my highest place) and watching them (3 seasons in as a unemployed manager going through the ranks and teams, they are in the top 6 for all 3 seasons - over performing) the Venky's seem to be a Man City/Chelsea sort of spending club..

But obviously glad to see them doing well, even if its only in game and not bottom of the EPL in RL :(

I've won the prem with Blackburn within 3 seasons on the current patch... some of their players are hugely overrated. Particularly Emerton, Pedersen and N'Zonzi. Kalinic was also hugely overrated when he was in their squad.

They regularly do very well on my saves - complete contrast to real life.

I've won the prem with Blackburn within 3 seasons on the current patch... some of their players are hugely overrated. Particularly Emerton, Pedersen and N'Zonzi. Kalinic was also hugely overrated when he was in their squad.

They regularly do very well on my saves - complete contrast to real life.

Patch 11.3 Emerton's not there anymore, and same with Kalinic.

Agree Gamst is slightly overrated, but do beleive that N'Zonzi could be a class act if someone better than Steve Kean manages him to improve his game. Not saying he's gonna be a Patrick Veria in his prime or anything like that, but has potential!

It's an odd one. They aren't listed as rich in the game as it stands and even though they spent £40 mil last season, they recouped £8 in sales and £32 mil net spend for that season and £38.5 mil overall is hardly enough to make Blackburn into a Premiership winning side. Man City in contrast had spend around £151 mil.

Archived