Match Prep and Assistant In Match Feedback Quicky

Hey Lads,

Just a quick one, I started my save in February 2010 (In game not rl) with no transfer budgets allowed, so I could get a good look at my players, sort out tactics and trainging etc. I arranged an array of friendlies dating from 13.02.2010 to 08.08.2010 grand total of 24 matches, but the problem I have which I didn't expect was that even though my Match Prep screen says Fluid in all categories, my asisstant is still telling me in know my third game into the season that players are still not used to doing things that my tactic instructs. for example Bent is not used to closing down has much has asked even thought he has played this tactic 19 times.

Is it just a case of the game not recognising the technical last season part and is only counting from 9th July 2010.

The Welsh Lad

No it's a case of your individual player instructions being set at a level the player isn't used to which can't be fixed in match prep.

You need to go into player instructions > advanced from the tactics screen and lower Bent's closing down slider manually to get rid of your assistant saying that although that could go against your overall strategy and reduce his chances of scoring and therefor the teams chances of winning. Fwiw if it was me I'd ignore the Ass. Man advice in this case, but it's ultimately your call.

If you do nothing and continue to play him in the same tactic your ass-man will eventually stop telling you that, because the player will then be used to it...

It's worth keeping an eye on in-match though as his closing down settings could actually be working against you instead of for you by pulling him out of position or something similar.

Archived