FM12 - The 'Rate that wonderkid' thread

Well, as you can see from the title, it's plain & simple; rate your chosen wonderkid. With Football Manager 2012 fast approaching, I though it would be interesting to see who you think will be rated 'highly' by the numerous SI club & player researchers. They don't have to be a 'Wonderkid', someone like a Hazard, Thiago Alcantara or a Götze, just throw in a players name & PA. Here's a example to get this thread moving;

Player Name: Jack Wilshere

Club: Arsenal

The expected PA (Potential Ability): 180

You could justify your answer but, if you attempt to use that template, it will be muc easier to read.

[i'm not sure whether spoilers are needed, I don't think so as we won't be revealing current CA/PA's on FM11, but If we do need to include spoilers, I'm pretty sure one of the moderators will pick up on this.]

Enjoy! :cool:

Player Name: Samir Carruthers

Club: Aston Villa

The expected PA: -10

All this is based on Wallys update of which I am hoping will be similar to the FM12 database because he will turn out to be amazing. Has potential now in real life but like most Villa youngsters not reflected in the game that much. Like Bannan should have been given a better PA in FM11, but I'm not holding my breath.

There's only been two in this batch that are likely to be close to the mark:

- Mario Gotze at 180

- Soulemayne Coulibaly at -9

Wilshere will probably be given a high fixed PA as well, close to Gotze as they're very similar in their level of football and potential currently, 182 might be a bit steep however.

Rafinha and Deulofeu should realistically be given a potential of -9; however the last few years the Barca youth have been a little underrated in my opinion. Probably because the researcher finds it hard to justify giving out too many -9's to one club.

McEachran will be -9 again, as will Lamela. Carruther's will hopefully be given a -9, but may be given a -8.

One I'd like to see:

Player Name: Christian Eriksen

Club: Ajax Amsterdam

Expected PA: 175

I think the potential system needs to be reviewed to be honest. The gap between discerning a player of -9 ability versus -10 is too great. For player's like Wilshere, Gotze, Eriksen and Thiago I feel like they shouldn't be getting -9 because barring some kind of horrific injury they'll all command a PA in the 170's as a minimum value in the future. Yet setting them as -10 is too high as it means they could all receive a potential greater than or equal to Lionel Messi - also unrealistic.

So what I'd like to see is set PA's with a dynamic deviation for the players that are likely to be very good in the future, but we don't know whether or not they'll be EXCEPTIONAL.

E.g. Thiago - set at 176 with a deviation +/- 8

Wilshere with a set PA of 176 with a set deviation of +/- 6

For young, unproven players like Soulemayne Coulibaly the negative PA system is still totally appropriate.

- Mario Gotze at 180

- Soulemayne Coulibaly at -9

Wilshere will probably be given a high fixed PA as well, close to Gotze as they're very similar in their level of football and potential currently, 182 might be a bit steep however.

Rafinha and Deulofeu should realistically be given a potential of -9; however the last few years the Barca youth have been a little underrated in my opinion. Probably because the researcher finds it hard to justify giving out too many -9's to one club.

McEachran will be -9 again, as will Lamela. Carruther's will hopefully be given a -9, but may be given a -8.

One I'd like to see:

Player Name: Christian Eriksen

Club: Ajax Amsterdam

Expected PA: 175

I think the potential system needs to be reviewed to be honest. The gap between discerning a player of -9 ability versus -10 is too great. For player's like Wilshere, Gotze, Eriksen and Thiago I feel like they shouldn't be getting -9 because barring some kind of horrific injury they'll all command a PA in the 170's as a minimum value in the future. Yet setting them as -10 is too high as it means they could all receive a potential greater than or equal to Lionel Messi - also unrealistic.

So what I'd like to see is set PA's with a dynamic deviation for the players that are likely to be very good in the future, but we don't know whether or not they'll be EXCEPTIONAL.

For young, unproven players like Soulemayne Coulibaly the negative PA system is still totally appropriate.

I was thinking the exact same thing just now but I think a much simpler change is to hange the PA's assigned to the numbers, I think -9 170-184 and -10 185-200

and doesnt matter so much for lower numbers, just a potential PA of 160 for a -9 player is ridiculous

I've never really liked the potential system to be honest. We all have young players we like, and we want them to get -10s or -9s. In reality, only a few of them will ever get that good - but if they have a -10 hardcoded in FM, most of them will end up being world class unless the simulation conspires to **** up their development.

I understand how they do it this way for gameplay convenience and AI reasons, it just grates on me that I can look at a perfectly good 16 year old kid with a great personality, and go 'Right, you're never going to be good enough to even play in the Conference.'

Really good idea.

Player Name: Aaron Ramsey

Club: Arsenal

The expected PA (Potential Ability): 200

Truth you knowz

No, that's called delusion. Messi is only about 198 (IIRC) and you seriously think Ramsey will be a better player than Messi?

Player Name: Ross Barkley

Club: Everton

The expected PA (Potential Ability): -10 (maybe -9)

No, that's called delusion. Messi is only about 198 (IIRC) and you seriously think Ramsey will be a better player than Messi?

I quoted your own post to reply to your other post.

Obviously replace Ramsey in the said quote, with Barkley.

• 2 weeks later...
Player Name: Samir Carruthers

Club: Aston Villa

The expected PA: -10

All this is based on Wallys update of which I am hoping will be similar to the FM12 database because he will turn out to be amazing. Has potential now in real life but like most Villa youngsters not reflected in the game that much. Like Bannan should have been given a better PA in FM11, but I'm not holding my breath.

I almost signed him for my Tamworth side in the BSN, but the board intervened ¬_¬.

Will try to inject a dose of realism and remove any bias with my predictions: (It's mostly british players or players i've seen enough of to make an estimate)

Wilshere: 178

Gotze: 183

Thiago: 181

Smalling: 170

Jones: 174

Barkley: -9

Eriksen: 176

Ramsey: 169

Neymar: 185

Rodwell: 168

Mceachran: -9

Welbeck: 167

Henderson: 165

Oxlade-Chamberlain: -9

Shaqiri: 177

Lukaku: 173

hello guy, i´m love football and i watch very games in brazil and some in the world, one questio : How games of Neymar do you see ??? Your short pass is perfect 20, your long pass is good 17, stamina is monster 20,natural fitness 19, agility 19,aceleration 19, positioning 16, antecipation 18,bravery16, creativy16,first touch18,free kick taking16,penalty16,finish17,techinic19,cross18,

Please watch 2 or 3 games him and post again

If he has all those stats I'll give you my house for free. I'm making predictions about how the researchers will rate these players, and I stick by my prediction. I don't need to watch 2 or 3 games of him, as i've already watched him around 15 times. He's a very very good player, as reflected by the fact I'd give him a PA of around 185. But you're living in dream world.

:thup:

I've been saying the same for years.

wow, i dont wanna fight, but its my opinion, i see horribles players in the champion league, hard players,bad,bad..

HERNANES is another player between of the best CA-178 PA-193

That would make him one of the 5 best players in Serie A, and with the potential to be better than Xavi. He's good, but come on :lol:

For the record I watched him this week against Sporting and for all the hype I was expecting far better. 1 game is a very short sample but he was totally useless against a fairly average opponent.

I agree, but he plays with average players at Lazio, in my opinion, this game against Sporting, also agree with you, but in the last Serie A championship, in my opinion he was one of the best mud of Musli, I can Swearing but I think the barcelona team a team that has a 2 or 3 great players, the rest are good, but it's enough to stand out from the cracks, now, if for example Hernanes was Chelsea who have the means and strong defense, I'm sure he would set off ..

Another example is the Messiah, the selection of Argentina it is the crack, has some good players, but has some medium, making many mistakes happen and disrupt the team

ps. excuse my English grammar

Szczesny .. wouldnt be surprised if he's given a fixed PA now we've seen what he's made of.. he's going to be a top keeper for many years if given the chance imo , possibly a PA of 169

ramsey will get a fixed PA of around 178 .. fully deserved .. top player

fully expect nathan chalobah of chelsea to have a -9 or -10 this time round.. class player who will make an impact next season.

gotze and eriksen to be the two of the most highly rated players in the game imo.. (going from how SI judge potentials)

phil jones... deserves as high as he can get... never seen such a young player step up to the plate and thrive since giggsy way back when

chamberlain will have -10

josh mceachran will have -9 but imo deserves a -10 ... the kid oozes class on the ball and his passes

Archived