Pitch Sizes

I'm sure this wasn't always the case, but lately I have had very limited options for the size of my pitch. Generally I want to play with a wide pitch, but not particularly long, but I only have 2 options maximum and minimum. While I was in the champions league I understood my pitch had to comply with tighter restrictions so dismissed the lack of options, but after winning everything I decided to go back to my favourite club (Huddersfield) to resurrect them from the lower leagues. I don't have anyone especially fast and a lot of my players have pretty low stamina, but want to play a controlling passing game, while pressing often, so I want a shortish, but wide pitch. But as I said before, I cannot adjust my pitch size to any level of detail, just maximum, minimum or current (which is the same as maximum).

Anybody have any ideas? Fixes? Reasons?

The next game should have like an actual numerical keyboard input (as should everything like contracts etc. but that's another matter) or at least a sliding scale selector.

Don't we still have the same size pitch as Wembley at Town IRL? I know we always did have at LR seeing as Wembley took the size from us in the first place (or so I was always told as a kid... sounds good at least :D)

However, to answer the question, I guess it's either because of stadium constraints, club preference (like the Wembley thing...) or the fact we share with the Giants...

I'm not in the prem yet, just out of league 1, second season in the championship now. It will no doubt be different from the real life size or however it started as it's now 2020 in the game.

It definitely isn't a case of stadium size limitations because what I want is between the min and max options. I don't think it will be league restrictions either, for that same reason.

I'm not in the prem yet, just out of league 1, second season in the championship now. It will no doubt be different from the real life size or however it started as it's now 2020 in the game.

It definitely isn't a case of stadium size limitations because what I want is between the min and max options. I don't think it will be league restrictions either, for that same reason.

is Deano still Chairman?

AFAIK Town's "tradition" is to keep the same pitch size... but here's a thing, I know that I've seen Town have different pitch sizes in consecutive games, narrow one week, wide the next or vice-versa... I commented at the time to fellow fans about the narrow pitch and it's unusualness. We can't do that in FM...

Here's the rules on pitch size from the BBC site

Have you ever thought what it would be like to paint the lines on a football pitch?

It can't be that easy keeping them straight, but wingers like Ryan Giggs or Damien Duff would go dizzy if they weren't.

But did you know that not all pitches are the same size?

The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

And on to the area where most of the action happens - the penalty box!

It's also known as the 18-yard-box, with the smaller area - marked out inside it - called the six-yard-box.

Some of the world's best strikers earn their living inside here!

And for all you penalty takers out there - or savers! - the most famous spot in football sits 12 yards (11m) from goal.

Last, but not least, that wooden thing at each end of the pitch they call the goal.

Think you know how big it is? It's eight feet high (2.44m) and eight yards wide (7.32m).

According to that you can even have a square pitch... 100 yds x 100 yds That'd be fun :lol:

Yep, still Deano!

I don't think you'd be able to change pitch size weekly even in real life. I've never noticed it changing at all in real life. Does annoy me that Giants go on and rip it up though lol Also, I thought Town bought the stadium ? Sure I read that somewhere, but it's still charging rent in the game.

There must be something preventing a square pitch though, that would just be bizarre. I definitely wouldn't choose to have a square pitch, I just want say, 70m wide by 100m long but I can't have that option.

Yep, still Deano!

I don't think you'd be able to change pitch size weekly even in real life. I've never noticed it changing at all in real life. Does annoy me that Giants go on and rip it up though lol Also, I thought Town bought the stadium ? Sure I read that somewhere, but it's still charging rent in the game.

There must be something preventing a square pitch though, that would just be bizarre. I definitely wouldn't choose to have a square pitch, I just want say, 70m wide by 100m long but I can't have that option.

The Stadium is owned by KSDL, not HTAFC. Originally, when it was built, the club owned 40%, KMC owned 40% and the Giants had 20% of KSDL. After Rubbery and Bruce had contrived to almost kill the club, Ken Davy ended up with 60%, then somehow KMC ended up with 80%, and since Deano's bought the club there's been a long running fiasco to regain the 40%. I'm not up to date on the current state of affairs.

However, I do know that both the Giants and Town pay rent to KSDL for the use of the stadium and it's facilities and that any profits that KSDL generates (or at least dividends it pays out) go to the three partners in the shares they own (40/40/20).

you cant have a square pitch, thats in the rules.

OK, I want a 101 x 100yd pitch.. it's not square (just) :D

Archived