Players in FM12

which player should be better in FM12 than in fm11.....

Suggestion:

Make Wesley Sneijder as good as Xavi and Iniesta......

Kevin Strootman (PSV)

Ibrahim Affelay (Barcelona)

Elia (juventus)

Erik Pieters (PSV)

Maarten Stekelenburg (Roma)

Van Persie (arsenal)

Do you have other suggestions?

which player should be better in FM12 than in fm11.....

Suggestion:

Make Wesley Sneijder as good as Xavi and Iniesta......

Kevin Strootman (PSV)

Ibrahim Affelay (Barcelona)

Elia (juventus)

Erik Pieters (PSV)

Maarten Stekelenburg (Roma)

Van Persie (arsenal)

I agree with them at least but Wesley Sneijder isn't a scratch on Xavi and Iniesta!

At the end of the day, every regular first-team player at a major club should have a CA/PA that reflects that.. I've lost count of the amount of times I've taken over a Premiership/Serie A/BBVA team and found players that have been at the club years playing regular football who, according to my staff and on comparison with their peers, are good players for the level below AT BEST... (I think researchers have their favourites too much and don't give fair appraisals..)

Players are unfairly treated in FM by the researchers if you ask me because a player that has played 5 seasons of regular first-team Premier League football IRL has to be AT LEAST a good Premiership player.. (figures pulled out of my ass for reference sake :p)

Titus Bramble needs both a CA and PA increase, decisions shoule be at least 25.

Ledley King should also be rated as one of the worlds best centre backs, if big 'arry says so its good enough for me.

Rooney should also go up and down between 180ca and 120ca during the season, cause you know talent comes and goes from time to time.

To put it in a friendly way mate, Sneijder is nowhere near as classy as Xavi and Iniesta. Not saying he aint good, but not on that level. Sorry.

Ruining the game????

I don't cheat, but I think in real life Sneijder is under rated..... that's my opinion...

Start at 2:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9oR5Wx4dYc

Every pass is a good pass.

I would like to start a discussion, it's not my intention to ruin the game!!

BTW: The posts should be more friendly

For years I have thought this. Being a Villa Fan and only play has Villa. the stats for some of he players are way under valued, there has been a long running debate about Gabby Agbonlahor, when we used to play with 2 main strikers in Carew and Agbonlahor, Gabby would score regular but he has always had at most 12 finishing in FM the reasoning for this from the researcher was he is not a prolific goal scorer he gets his goals becuase he's fast. I think at most it should be 14.

One other thing I have noticed with Darren Bent when at Sunderland he had 16 finishing and now at villa he has 14. The same with Reo-Coker I know he has left now but to say his passing ability is only is 9 I have 16 year olds in the squad that are better passers than that.

I have always had a sneeky suspision that our researcher is secretly a blues fan.

I do appriciate the job these researchers do because I know I would want to do it. But a bit more consistancy would be good.

For years I have thought this. Being a Villa Fan and only play has Villa. the stats for some of he players are way under valued, there has been a long running debate about Gabby Agbonlahor, when we used to play with 2 main strikers in Carew and Agbonlahor, Gabby would score regular but he has always had at most 12 finishing in FM the reasoning for this from the researcher was he is not a prolific goal scorer he gets his goals becuase he's fast. I think at most it should be 14.

One other thing I have noticed with Darren Bent when at Sunderland he had 16 finishing and now at villa he has 14. The same with Reo-Coker I know he has left now but to say his passing ability is only is 9 I have 16 year olds in the squad that are better passers than that.

I have always had a sneeky suspision that our researcher is secretly a blues fan.

I do appriciate the job these researchers do because I know I would want to do it. But a bit more consistancy would be good.

I agree with you in one aspects. Not a difference between clubs but difference between leagues. For example Kevin Kuranyi, his finishing was 12 as I remember when he was in Schalke. But after he transferred to Russia, his finishing has become 17 suddenly. The researchers in different countries should have a standard in valuing the attributes.

I agree with them at least but Wesley Sneijder isn't a scratch on Xavi and Iniesta!

I'd say hes almost just as good - theres no real difference with them. I thought it was horrendous Real got rid of both him and VDV. In some cases I'd rather have him then both of the above. Just because they play for Barca doesn't automatically mean they are the best. Sneijder deffo deserves a small upgrade - hes up there/just behind wXavi/Iniesta/Messi/Ronaldo as one of the top midfielders in the world.

I seriously hope German players are rated better. Germany went 2nd in 2002 WC, 3rd in 2006 WC, 2nd in 2008 Euro, and 3rd in 2010 WC. However, their players often have 2-3 really low attributes. Their captain, one of the best RB in the world, has 10 for positioning. In addition, most German players have CA in the 160s at most, with the exception of Neuer who's a GK and Ozil who plays in Spain. The German researchers tend to underrate German players because of the German league and clubs, while Argentina and England have several players with CA in the 170s.

I agree with you in one aspects. Not a difference between clubs but difference between leagues. For example Kevin Kuranyi, his finishing was 12 as I remember when he was in Schalke. But after he transferred to Russia, his finishing has become 17 suddenly. The researchers in different countries should have a standard in valuing the attributes.

I'm expecting Ashley Young and Stewart Downings Attributes to be better now they have left Villa. In FM11 they have virtually reached their potential so they can't improve much in FM11 so ideally they should have that much increase but most probably will.

Rating players is always subjective, I think it's impossible for researchers to make everyone happy. Researchers are also influenced by the public perception of the country they are in. For instance in Germany, Kuranyi was known for missing clear cut chances (although he was the most constant striker in the league for years, always scoring 10+ goals a season) thus he only had 12 for finishing. Now he transfers to the Russian league, scores goals immediately... no wonder the Russian researcher gave him a higher rating for finishing. It is impossible for researchers to watch every match of every player and when you refer to a certain match on base of which you want a player improved/decreased, there is a big chance the researcher might not have seen it in full length (no reproach!).

I don't want to say that every player in the database has the perfectly right attributes... I just wanted to remind you, how hard it is to rate players objectively.

Koki, I understand that the job of researcher is a hard one, I've seen the stick they get in the team threads. Because everyone has their own opinion. The main problem us Villa fans have had is Gabby Agbonlahor and he has been at Villa throughout his career, we've seen him score goals at near enough with a ratio of 1 goal to 2 games and then he has a 12 for finishing mainly becuase FM has put an importance on Speed for a few years. The researcher would give him 18 Acceleration, along with 19 pace. The thread argued for years that his pace should be under pinned to allow for his other stats to improve. Because that 12 when related to FM means he would need more changes to score than he would in real life. I know you shouldn't really make comparisons between the real life player and the virtual, its just frustrating.

So you reckon that if we make a poll on who is best, Xavi or Iniesta vs Sneijder, that Sneijder will win? I fully respect your opinion, but in mine, you're havin' a laugh! :)

Disagree, hes just as good, if not better in some ways.

I've always thought certain players in the game should have better stats (which is why i spend a day or so tweaking around 200 players). However with the whole Iniesta, Xavi, Sniejder argument..... Xavi and Iniesta are amazing, Sneijder IS just as good.

all 3 need the whole team to be set up in such a way as to make them shine though tbh... they just wouldnt be able to do their thing if this wasnt the case...

id quite like to see the lower league players of england rated better.... particularly up and coming youngsters who always seem to be rated craply despite their clear talent

Most of your comments in this thread are inaccurate and mis informed. If you have comments to make they should be in the Villa thread in Data Issues.

Oh and Gabby's strike rate being 1 in 2?

Rating players is always subjective, I think it's impossible for researchers to make everyone happy. Researchers are also influenced by the public perception of the country they are in. For instance in Germany, Kuranyi was known for missing clear cut chances (although he was the most constant striker in the league for years, always scoring 10+ goals a season) thus he only had 12 for finishing. Now he transfers to the Russian league, scores goals immediately... no wonder the Russian researcher gave him a higher rating for finishing. It is impossible for researchers to watch every match of every player and when you refer to a certain match on base of which you want a player improved/decreased, there is a big chance the researcher might not have seen it in full length (no reproach!).

I don't want to say that every player in the database has the perfectly right attributes... I just wanted to remind you, how hard it is to rate players objectively.

A boost of 5 does strike me as very weird, especially since Kuranyi's only got 4 in 16 this season - second-season syndrome, anyone? I do think there needs to be more cross-country cooperation in this area.

Someone mentioned that German players were underrated, with lots of <160s... There's nothing wrong with being worse than 160, since Germany has a far superior national team than the sum of its parts. Aside from Bayern, German teams generally struggle in the Champions League, for example. This is in contrast to England and its 170+s - England has lots of "world-class" players (Cole, Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard and Gerrard) but nowhere near the sum of its parts for their national team. You should find the CA of English players drops away quite sharply from this set of players too, reflecting the general lack of quality, with a set of world-class players who supposedly drive the team.

CA 165 is "world-class" - you don't need to have CAs in 175 to be "good". A CA of 160 is very solid indeed.

As a Chelsea fan and trying to be as unbiased as possible, I think that Sturridge should be upgraded, or at the very least his potential and key stats boosted so he has a good chance to become a Chelsea regular which WILL happen IRL.

McEachran got a nice boost in the final patch for FM11 and another slight increase to his potential and key stats would be fair.

Ramires' PA and technical stats are pretty fair in FM11 but they definately have to give him 20 for work rate and stamina and around 18 for pace and acceleration. The lads the quickest and fittest central midfielder I've seen and puts Essien to shame on box to box potential.

David Luiz's technical stats need improving but perhaps some of his hidden attributes need tweaking to compensate for his at times rash and naive nature in defending.

I'm looking forward to also seeing how Nathaniel Calobah will be rated by the researchers now he is 16 and can be included in the game. He is England U17 captain, was included on this year's pre season tour with the first team squad and the stand out performer of his age group. I would like to hope he will have a PA of -9, but remains to be seen.

Lampard may need downgrading a little, particularly on his physicals as he's not the same player since getting injured, and Torres and Drogba should both have their CA dropped a notch or two, as opposed to their attributes being lowered.

Archived