manager of one club for a long time

Maybe it's a record

My team:

Salernitana

40 seasons the manager of the same club (without going on holiday)

And without cheating (that's for losers)

I start in the serie C, after 2 seasons I promoted to the serie B, then after 6 years I promoted to the serie A, the first 10 years I was a average team in the serie A (finished between the 15th and 7th place) after that I finished every year by the best 5 in the league

My victories:

1x winner Serie B

3x winner Italian Cup

2x winner Serie A

1x winner Champions League

I'm very very very rich, my club is worth 2,2 billion euro's

250 million euro's transfer money

190 million euro's wages money (I use 100 million)

How I became very rich?: search for young stars who want a lower wages than the star players, build a team, after a few years sell your cheap youngers for about 20 to 30 million euro's, keep the wages low. And start all over again.

I'm still going strong, I want to reach 100 seasons, my age is now 65 years old.

I'm very proud with this save.

Are there more people who manage just one team for a very long time?

And is this a record so far?

bye Wijnand

Maybe it's a record

My team:

Salernitana

40 seasons the manager of the same club (without going on holiday)

And without cheating (that's for losers)

I start in the serie C, after 2 seasons I promoted to the serie B, then after 6 years I promoted to the serie A, the first 10 years I was a average team in the serie A (finished between the 15th and 7th place) after that I finished every year by the best 5 in the league

My victories:

1x winner Serie B

3x winner Italian Cup

2x winner Serie A

1x winner Champions League

I'm very very very rich, my club is worth 2,2 billion euro's

250 million euro's transfer money

190 million euro's wages money (I use 100 million)

How I became very rich?: search for young stars who want a lower wages than the star players, build a team, after a few years sell your cheap youngers for about 20 to 30 million euro's, keep the wages low. And start all over again.

I'm still going strong, I want to reach 100 seasons, my age is now 65 years old.

I'm very proud with this save.

Are there more people who manage just one team for a very long time?

And is this a record so far?

bye Wijnand

Aye you asking if the length of time is a record? Or the amount achieved in that time?

Becuase to be fair, there are probably a lot of people on here who could win more than 7 trophies in 40 years, I appreciate it's difficult to rise up through the leagues, and Italy's a tough country to crack, so I'm not saying you've not done well, I'm just saying there will be people who have won more.

Personally, I get bored with a team after too long, I think 6 years is my longest at one club. My pattern tends to be : Join club, make a few signings, overachieve, leave before it all goes down the drain.

The reason I leave while (or just after) an amazing achievement is that I always find that my achievements balance out. If i overachieve one season, the next I will underachieve, and I think it works vice versa but I'm generally sacked before I can reverse poor form, bloody confidence

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

If you are 65 and you've been managing for 40 years, that means you were 25 when you began. I though the game defaults your age to a minimum of 33 or something? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you wrong 25 is the youngest...

basically if you put your age younger than 25 e.g a teen, it will make you 30 automatically

but if you enter your age at 25 you can be that and anything beyond

I'm 19 and it always stars me off at 29, but I think funnily enough it still uses the D.o.B I entered, which really raises some questions lol.

I suppose you could just say I lied on my CV, after all, being an international footballer with 0 caps is very suspicious too lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived