Yellow card fun time

Here's a question, why can't I discipline a player for getting a suspension for collecting too many yellow cards? This is something that could be very important, especially managing in Norway, or have I just missed how to do it? I know I can fine wages for getting sent off, but I can't find anything for getting suspensions.

A bit of a back story to what's brought this up, if you're interested. If not here's a monkey. Anyhow, in Norway they have home grown rules that require you to have no more than 11 non-home grown players. Players under 21 have to be registered and do count in those positions and as such I required a top class Norwegian centrehalf for my side Stromsgodset. I found a young centrehalf and he had an absolute blinder of a first season averaging around 7.8 and even getting a 7 minute hattrick. At the end of the season I let go of my former captain and I needed a new one, my assistant suggested this player and well... He seemed like the man for the job. Of course this resulted in a form lump of proportions not known by man to this point as well as a complete meltdown in terms of discipline. 8 yellow cards and a red in 12 league matches. This is further compounded by the rules in Norway regarding suspensions. 1 match after 3 yellows, another after the next 2 and 1 for each yellow from there on. This player has become pretty much overnight a liability to the side and was in the last match sent off after only about 5 minutes and he lack of solidity in the middle of the park ended in a loss, the club's first at home in the league in over a year. What's worse is that I can't really replace him with anyone of near comparable quality. Any ideas?

Fun facts:

-Last season he picked up 5 in all competitions and only 3 in the league.

-This season the side has had 30 yellow cards in the league so far meaning that he makes up more than a quarter of the club's yellow cards

I only way I have seen something close to punishing them is in a press conference, where the report asks. Player X has picked up 5 yellows. And you have a few options like; its ok the role he plays in the team you expect him to pick up bookings or I'll be having a word with him etc. If you use the latter it can reduce his aggression but I've only been asked it once.

I slammed him in the press conference after the match and fined him 2 weeks wages for being sent off. He of course became angry at me for punishing him, until I told him to shut his mouth, which after a heated stand off I won. I then found something in the interaction about "warn of transfer list" where it had an option about his "terrible attitude". I'll see how he goes now. It's just disappointing that the club's best player last year has turned into this psychotic mess this year. He's running at the moment at a card every 120 minutes.

Archived