Which striker to buy?

morning chaps.

have a conundrum. i've settled in all of my previous saves on playing 442. i like the balance and i like having 2 strikers. have toyed with playing just the one but i tend not to score enough. i also have the personnel to play 442 - quite a few wingers one of whom only joined this summer and couldnt be sold if i wanted to. set both my wingers to cut inside and attack the box as they can both shoot short and long.

i play standard, v.rigid. as my RL team has just bought an attacking rb i guess i'll need to play attacking fbs. something i wouldnt normally do, i like to stay solid defensively.

in cm i have a destroyer who though lacking the mental and defensive stats to be great defensively is nonetheless aggressive and does tend to get stuck in and disrupt opposition attacks. next to him i have a purely creative player.

now it's strikers where i'm confused. i have a really good poacher on the books, a real-life 20 a season guy. as his strike partner i have 2 options:

1. a similar but better poacher. shooting/composure/anticipation all 17, off the ball 18. no technique or dribbling obviously, and quite low decisions. but in real life his career total is better than 1 in 2

2. an extra creative/flair player. not a natural striker but accomplished and can be trained as a natural. great decisions, creativity, flair, decent shot. v.poor off the ball. good dribbling. the kind of player that could potentially change a game and will create for the poacher. as he comes deep to get ball i would set him to complete forward/attack.

who would you go for with this tactic/setup, and why? if you need any more info to better help, just ask!!

thanks, neil

sorry probably didnt make myself clear. yes, barrios is my consideration for the poacher role. my question is whether to buy another poacher (ie having 2 similar players up front) or buy a deeper-lying creative forward, and why.

what would be more effective tactically with the team i've described......

thanks once again

cheers guys. it wasnt actually names i was looking for: have them:) barrios as a poacher or ibricic as a more creative forward to link midfield and attack, i'd play him as complete fwd/attack as he has "comes deep to get ball" as a ppm.

no, what i was wondering is if i have creativity in the midfield is it acceptable to play 2 poachers? would like to play "B&B" - Bent and Barrios, but maybe Bent's strike partner should be of a different type. if i get barrios, i'd have 2 strikers who are pure poachers, have no passing skills, no dribbling little technique etc. if i was able to provide enough thru balls yes these two would score but i reckon (he says answering his own question) that another creative player as a striker might be beneficial

Archived