Will FM 2012 have trophies/promotion celebration movies/splash screens ?

grep

Why ?

I think that 95% of FM players when they win trophies , when they get promoted, or simply when they have the top goalscorer, they would like to have celebration movies or at least a splash screen.

Same speech for lower league managers, if they hit .f.i. the middle league position as expected at the beginning of the season they should IMO be rewarded with a celebration screen.

I'd like to see trophies.

I would not under any circumstances like to see celebration movies. 97% of managers would agree with me ;)

What do you mean by Splash Screens? In the games industry, a splash screen is the screen showing the logos when you turn a game on.

Why ?

I think that 95% of FM players when they win trophies , when they get promoted, or simply when they have the top goalscorer, they would like to have celebration movies or at least a splash screen.

Same speech for lower league managers, if they hit .f.i. the middle league position as expected at the beginning of the season they should IMO be rewarded with a celebration screen.

Might be fun once or twice. Would soon get tiresome. It's not really essential to the game - would need to come with a "skip" button.

Why ?

I agree, should get the same hullabaloo you'd get in real life, some of us win so rarely we feel we deserve a bit more than the dry comment from the board and a stilted "we're over the moon" from the fans:D

Of course it should be optional.

I would not under any circumstances like to see celebration movies. 97% of managers would agree with me ;)

What do you mean by Splash Screens? In the games industry, a splash screen is the screen showing the logos when you turn a game on.

Yep, for splash screens I mean a room where your trophies are set on shelves.

Every real club has it, Real Madrid for example has a gorgeous one -> http://www.travelpod.co.uk/travel-photo/kscypher/2/1265553873/trophy-room-at-real-madrid-stadium.jpg/tpod.html

Each club in the world has one, also minor league ones.

Wonder why FM has always hated this idea, above all considering 98,5 % (;) ) of world team have it.

The main reason is that they'd have to pay to use images of the real trophies.

They could draw them as well, nowdays graphic software allow to reproduce cups in a easy and perfect way, no need to have real pictures.

Anyone good using Photoshop or similar may release one demo cup picture ?

I wouldn't say FM hates this idea. I've always liked it.

See Here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/100997-Suggestion-Trophy-Cabinet

Ter, you are one of the master within FM, please take Miles apart for few minutes and show him the bright horizon at the sunshine, he will understand and therefore he will introduce such feature.

Thanks in advance

I've always wanted a celebration of players at the end of a cup final to walk up a little podium and see them lift the trophy. Using the same 3d graphics. Obviously with an option to skip if you wanted to.

We play to win trophies and winning things is the least celebrated thing in the game, where it's actually the point of the game, to win trophies.

You kidding me?

Changing the colour of something that's already in the game is likely to cause issues - breathing near some code can sometimes cause bugs. I hate coding.

So you want everything static and unchanging for ever and ever? besides, it's one feature that doesn't interact too much with other code, it's essentially a bolt on that calls up some pre-existing data, the hardest part would be getting the graphics ready, especially for foreign leagues.

Anyway, you can count me among your supposed "three percent" who would like celebrations, *and* trophy cabinets. The way I can see the whole ceremonies/celebrations being is, when you win a trophy, instead of bringing up the team talk etc screens immediately, it starts general glee, and jumping around, then handing out of medals, and raising a trophy, of course, because FM is forced to be fairly low-tech graphically to avoid needing to purchase image rights, it might not look perfect or even be good, but you could easily just have a continue button on the top right to continue on to end team talks etc.

You are not part of the remianing 3% because you would care to see some sort of celebrations as well, even if not strictly a trophy room.

Anyway, celebrations are censured within FM series, I still have to understand why.

Religion reasons maybe ?

Global crisis ?

You are not part of the remianing 3% because you would care to see some sort of celebrations as well, even if not strictly a trophy room.

Anyway, celebrations are censured within FM series, I still have to understand why.

Religion reasons maybe ?

Global crisis ?

You've lost me now.

Where did 95% and this 3% come from? Don't forget 67% of all stats are made up.

Sure I don't see any harm in the little graphical representations of the players walking up a podium and picking up the trophy.

Swap the snow graphics with confetti graphics and hey presto.

Would really like a statement from the fans and the club captain in the news as well (or the winning goal scorer).

And a more excited, less pathetic, board response.

Don't worry, Once Ter has taken Miles apart for a few minutes and then shown him the bright horizon at the sunshine he will put it in, no question about it. ;)

Some will love it and some won't, but I can't see how a graphical trophy room that you can choose to click on or not would upset too many people.

The main reason is that they'd have to pay to use images of the real trophies.

SI due to legal restrictions can't use real pictures. But that doesn't mean they can't do it. I'm not sure what legal restrictions are and how far they can do it. But like players picture to be in default image, trophies can be the same way had a default trophy pictures, later some users willingly will create pack with trophies pictures, for that screen.

I've always wanted a celebration of players at the end of a cup final to walk up a little podium and see them lift the trophy. Using the same 3d graphics. Obviously with an option to skip if you wanted to.

We play to win trophies and winning things is the least celebrated thing in the game, where it's actually the point of the game, to win trophies.

I like this idea. No idea how easy/hard it would be to implement though. They could use a generic image for the cup so there's no copyright issues.

More fuss needs to be made when a major trophy is won. There should be celebrations at the end with people running on to the pitch, and confetti falling while the team stand on a podium and lift a trophy. It wouldn't get boring unless you manage Barcelona and win every trophy every year. Instead we get some crappy underwhelming commentary and news items

Things like these seem like cosmetic tweaks but they do help immerse the user into the virtual world. When your backup striker scores the winner in the final seconds of extra-time in the Champions League Final in Football Manager, don't tell me your heart doesn't skip a beat or you let out a laugh, sigh of relief or jump for joy - you enjoy it. It is only fitting that the virtual players enjoy it too - something that never happens in the game.

When I complete a successful season, I sit back and marvel at the score, the players and the emails. I want to feel that virtual players are enjoying themselves too. I want to feel the club is proud of what they have done, and I want to feel that the fans are loving it. And it's not just trophies - when a player scores a vital goal in an important game or against a rival, I want to see the whole team go absolutely berserk. I want to see Gary Regen Neville run to the Liverpool fans and kiss his badge. I want to see opponents slump down and cry at conceding at such a dreadful time. I want to see emails in my inbox detailing fan celebrations and interviews on how amazing these players are. And so on.

Celebrations and trophy cabinets are one way of building that atmosphere and presence. It makes success feel real. Is it important? Yes it is - the 3D graphics help some users feel more engaged in the game, and that is important to them. Backroom advice gives character to backroom staff that was limited previously, and needs to be worked upon more so that it feels natural, seamless and engaging.

The ability to skip these would be nice, but in reality, I suspect not a lot of people will be hitting "Skip" - success is nice to have.

OP: When you talk about "splash screens", is it kind of like PES Master League when you enter a cup competition, a screen flashes up to notify you that it is that cup competition (i.e. D1 Cup in PES6)? I think those are nice ideas - it could be incorporated somewhat into the loading (continue) screens. Alternatively, the screen colours/logos could change in a subtle way so that it feels different.

Getting the same messages season after season (after winning a trophy) kills a long term save for me.

To get through a very tough season, winning by 1 point and then read the exact same stuff i read last season is very anticlimactic.

A little more variety would be welcome, i don't know about movies though, seems excessive.

Someone here able to setup a poll could please make a poll ?

Something like : " how do you consider a trophy room feature in FM ? "

1) absolutely fundamental, I dunno know if I'll buy FM 2012 without it

2) fundamental

3) I don't know

4) I don't like it, but if it is a option no problem for me, you can put it in

Things like these seem like cosmetic tweaks but they do help immerse the user into the virtual world. When your backup striker scores the winner in the final seconds of extra-time in the Champions League Final in Football Manager, don't tell me your heart doesn't skip a beat or you let out a laugh, sigh of relief or jump for joy - you enjoy it. It is only fitting that the virtual players enjoy it too - something that never happens in the game.

When I complete a successful season, I sit back and marvel at the score, the players and the emails. I want to feel that virtual players are enjoying themselves too. I want to feel the club is proud of what they have done, and I want to feel that the fans are loving it. And it's not just trophies - when a player scores a vital goal in an important game or against a rival, I want to see the whole team go absolutely berserk. I want to see Gary Regen Neville run to the Liverpool fans and kiss his badge. I want to see opponents slump down and cry at conceding at such a dreadful time. I want to see emails in my inbox detailing fan celebrations and interviews on how amazing these players are. And so on.

Celebrations and trophy cabinets are one way of building that atmosphere and presence. It makes success feel real. Is it important? Yes it is - the 3D graphics help some users feel more engaged in the game, and that is important to them. Backroom advice gives character to backroom staff that was limited previously, and needs to be worked upon more so that it feels natural, seamless and engaging.

The ability to skip these would be nice, but in reality, I suspect not a lot of people will be hitting "Skip" - success is nice to have.

OP: When you talk about "splash screens", is it kind of like PES Master League when you enter a cup competition, a screen flashes up to notify you that it is that cup competition (i.e. D1 Cup in PES6)? I think those are nice ideas - it could be incorporated somewhat into the loading (continue) screens. Alternatively, the screen colours/logos could change in a subtle way so that it feels different.

Spot on, echoes thoughts I've had through every edition of FM, I feel elation after hundreds of hours working to win something and the game says, "you have won, click continue":(

I'm not keen on the OP's idea as it would not add anything to my gaming pleasure but if it can be introduced without resulting in the loss of a feature that improves the gameplay (pictures & trophey cabinents are just frosting on the cake) & it can be turned off then I would be fine with it.

Seeing a quick trophy presentation in the 3d match engine would be quite cool. With the ticker tape going off.

A visual represenation of a trophy cabinate would be a nice little addition. Like the map suggestion previously on these boards, although they dont add anything major in terms of gameplay I think they would add to the immersion of the game.

Any options like these though I deffo think need to have an on/off switch.

I agree that there needs to be more hoohar when you win a trophy rather than the 'grats, but dont get too excited, please carry on as normal' response.

The ability to go to information-trophies and have a list and small graphical representations I wouldnt mind as it doesnt interfere. Confetti ad such on the field I wouldnt mind either, doesnt bother me one way or another. What bothers me is the lack of happiness and pleasure when you win something.

Fundamental is, well, fundamental you cant have shades of grey or 'absolutely fundamental'

As such I am against the introduction of a trophy room

Why ?

What does scare you or what do you consider " evil " on a trophy room introduction ? ( as an option to toggle on or off of course )

Being someone who plays more in 2D, I can picture my little blobs celebrating at the final whistle after winning a league or cup final. Immediately, some extra blobs come on with the podium and a silver mini-blob - the trophy. Then all the little blobs go onto the podium, hold the trophy up - a little cheer goes up - and they pass the trophy on, a cheer, and so on. Then when that's done, they leave the podium, jump about on the pitch a bit, and then walk off. Then straight to the post-match screen.

I'd like that, and the ability to exit it at any time. But because it's only if you win a trophy, it would be a nice extra for most of us! :D

Edit: As an afterthought, when the captain lifts the trophy, there could be a little mini firework display and some streamers, with some pops and whistles as sound effects.

This - I like the idea of a celebration screen, not over elobrate so as not to offend the sack cloth and ashes brigade ;)

Anyway about time 2d was confined to the dustbin of history and 3D stepped up as the sole graphic representation (think - your players celebrating with hands held aloft and maybe a cup!) [ ducks in fear of the 2d mob]

:)

Anyway about time 2d was confined to the dustbin of history and 3D stepped up as the sole graphic representation (think - your players celebrating with hands held aloft and maybe a cup!) [ ducks in fear of the 2d mob]

Step up is the key phrase here. If 3D in its current state will be the sole option of watching the match I for one am not going to touch the game with a barge pole. Luckily there's no chance of 2D being scrapped since the ME code is designed for it anyway and it would be completely pointless to remove it, unless SI for some reason want to **** people off and lose some of their customers.

Being someone who plays more in 2D, I can picture my little blobs celebrating at the final whistle after winning a league or cup final. Immediately, some extra blobs come on with the podium and a silver mini-blob - the trophy. Then all the little blobs go onto the podium, hold the trophy up - a little cheer goes up - and they pass the trophy on, a cheer, and so on. Then when that's done, they leave the podium, jump about on the pitch a bit, and then walk off. Then straight to the post-match screen.

I'd like that, and the ability to exit it at any time. But because it's only if you win a trophy, it would be a nice extra for most of us! :D

Edit: As an afterthought, when the captain lifts the trophy, there could be a little mini firework display and some streamers, with some pops and whistles as sound effects.

I play 3D but I am ready to support of course also 2D celebrations like the one you described.

2D is part of game and I hope it will always be. I use 3D but I played few FM versions with 2D and I enjoyed them all a lot, you can imagine something that 3D can't reproduce.

I feel you

I never said 2D should be removed (far from it) - you can have celebration screens in 2D as well.

As the graphics get optimised and improved, 3D will become more popular, but there will always be a market for 2D.

• 2 months later...

Yeah we all wants to see trophies

Archived