Struggling with Fabio Coentrao !!!!

I bought Coentrao two seasons back and im still finding his average after every match in the six's,I play him in his strongest position and plays with standard roles to his position.Due to his stats im finding it frustrating because i know he is a player that should be performing alot better.Anybody else had this problem and any feed back on how I can make him shape up.Cheers Gents

Is he speaking the language if the country you play in?

I know from past experience with him that he is VERY slow at adapting. This makes it difficult to motivate him and so he plays badly. Normally they are fine after only 6 months but Coentrao I have seen struggling for over one year in two different saves for two different human managers (me and a friend).

However, in the january window the second season (of having Coentrao) my friend signed a Portuguese player who is a friend of Coentrao and then he instantly became the world-class left back he should be. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Play him as a leftback:

Mentality: 12 to 14 (depends on your team strategy)

Creative freedom: 10

RFD: medium

RWB: medium

Long shots: rarely

Cross: medium

through pass: medium

Playing like this, with my Benfica team, he got a average above 7.60 in 5 seasons. He then went to Man City for 30M (release clause) in 2015

I had a similar thing happen, had a decent-ish AML, my left back got injured, drafted my AML to left back (as he was Ineffective? Orange colour, at left back, which prompted me to realise I didn't have cover for left back!!) and scored more goals and created more in 8 games at left back then he did in 1 and a half seasons at AML.

AML - 35 games, 3 goals 5 assists - MOM 1

DL - 8 games, 4 goals, 9 assists - MOM 3

His defending stats are pretty poor to be fair!

In reply to the post I have been playing him left back fully fluent in english but took him time to settle, wanted to move at one stage but managed to make him see sense, i do though think having read the last post that yes it does sound because he got low stamina that he wont perform on a week in week out basis,i will try altering his position if that doesnt work he is on his way thanks for the feed back gents

Archived