Retired Players Becoming Coaches Query Regarding CA/PA

This is a follow on from this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/274485-Couple-of-questions

I thought I would give it a new heading to make it more specific to my query. Hope thats ok.

From the original OP he asked when players become coaches do their stats increase. He was inform yes they do because of their PA rating, this got me thinking :confused:

Do these player who become coaches carry over their PA rating? For example, Messi would have to potential to be a world class coach if he decides to stay in the game.

I assume their CA rating drops because of the lack of experience.

Or am I totally wrong and they are given a random set of CA/PA ratings.

Thanks to anyone who was a clue on this.

I believe they keep their CA/PA, and as their playing stats decrease, their coaching stats rise.

I believe this as Lee Hendrie (35 y/o CM) on my game had aspirations of becoming a Scout. I had a chat with him and he gained staff attributes. A while later, his playing stats dropped, and around the same time his JPP went up...

I am not sure, I had David Artell retire from playing after he left my Crewe side. I have no idea what his PA and CA are but I assume they are low as he is barely good enough to play in English League Two yet he went on to become a world class coac,h maybe it was just a lucky spread of his attributes.

No they arent keeping their CA/PA. I just looked Ryan Giggs potential using Genie and find out he got 130/135 CA/PA(This changes every time they retire so i dont think its necessary to use spoiler button) But this isnt stopping him from being a good coach. He has 4.5 star on shooting and ball control training. Maybe they are keeping their mental attributes when they retire. I dunno for sure.

I am not sure, I had David Artell retire from playing after he left my Crewe side. I have no idea what his PA and CA are but I assume they are low as he is barely good enough to play in English League Two yet he went on to become a world class coac,h maybe it was just a lucky spread of his attributes.

Hmm, yeah thinking about it, my terrible CB David Chadwick (I'm managing FC United, 2012-13) is now a 4* defender player/coach...

The only way to find out is to use one of those FMRTE things and check their playing CA/PA and their Coaching CA/PA, if such a thing is possible?

There is info regarding the PA of players>coaches from FM10 in this:

Every player who I have seen become a coach, scout, etc were given PA130.

From what I can remember, they kept their personalities as well.

No, Matuzalem has 185 PA in my game. So this is changed in 2011 i guess.

• SI Staff

When players turn into non-players, they get new non-playing CA/PA assigned, based partly on their playing ability and attributes but also partly on more random factors. So the best players don't necessarily turn into the best non-players and there can be non-playing gems who never amounted to much as a player.

When players turn into non-players, they get new non-playing CA/PA assigned, based partly on their playing ability and attributes but also partly on more random factors. So the best players don't necessarily turn into the best non-players and there can be non-playing gems who never amounted to much as a player.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If a player is a player/coach, do they still have separate CA/PA for playing and coaching? It's just that with Lee Hendrie (posted a few posts above) his playing stats dropped, and around the same time his scouting stats rose. Coincidence?

I've got a couple of hopeless non-league players that have become decent coaches, and I'm looking at another. I'm only in 2012-13, in the BSP, and I already have at least 3* coaches, with 4 of them being 4* and two with 3.5* and of those, six are ex-players, all non-league. The only coach I have who wasn't a non-league player at the start is my fitness coach who has always been a fitness coach.

Hi guys wish I was technical savy and able to provide screen shots but I carried out a little experiment where I created 3 players Aged 39 with 20 for wanting to become a coach they had the same mental stats but different CA/PA player 1 CA 135 PA 182, Player 2 CA 135 PA 135 and Player 3 CA 182 PA 182 when offered a Player/Coach role they keeped their current CA/PA but once retired and solely Coaches they had different CA/PA they dropped down to around 130 PA.

So thanks for all the replies

Does age have any effect on the outcome of staff CA/PA? I am at the start of a new Liverpool save and I want Gerrard and Carragher to be part of my coaching staff before they move on to management careers of their own. I have already had the conversation with Carra and got him started and it seems like he could develop into a decent manager. However, I am unsure as to whether i should do the same with Gerrard as he is a bit younger and still has a few more years in the first team ahead of him. Am I best to leave it for a few seasons or get him started as early as possible?

Yeah I'm going to leave him for now. Carra doesn't have long left in the team any more (especially with the way he has been playing for me at the moment) so I'm going to see if I can get him on a player/coach contract next season. Thanks for the advice!

• SI Staff

Non-playing CA/PA is separate from any player CA/PA even if the player happens to already be a player/non-player (ie. player/coach for example). In the Lee Hendrie example above, the CA/PA's are still separate and not directly connected, but it is just natural for an old player to decline in abilities whilst newly started non-players learn new things. So it may seem that when the playing abilities go down, the non-playing abilities go up but that's just a coincidence from the natural tendencies at that point of a player/non-player career.

Non-playing CA/PA is separate from any player CA/PA even if the player happens to already be a player/non-player (ie. player/coach for example). In the Lee Hendrie example above, the CA/PA's are still separate and not directly connected, but it is just natural for an old player to decline in abilities whilst newly started non-players learn new things. So it may seem that when the playing abilities go down, the non-playing abilities go up but that's just a coincidence from the natural tendencies at that point of a player/non-player career.

Ah, ok. Thanks again for replying! :)

So...has there been a tweak to the preffered formations for the players turning into coaches ? I remeber the previous versions having an issue with this, and most of the newgen coaches were adopting 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 as their main tactics.

Archived