my ideas for football manager 2012

so, after playing the football manager series for years. actually i think the first one i played was, championship manager 1998.

no matter, here my five cents to make game better (at least as i see it).

1. a simple, yet annoying bug has survived through the football manager versions. in the unlikely event of a goalkeeper scoring a goal, this is not added anywhere. for instance the german goalkeeper hans-jörg butt was and still is, known for is incredible ability to score penalties. in one season he scored 11 goals in the german 1st bundesliga for bayer 04 leverkusen. yet the game completly omits this. the goal doesn´t show up in any statistic.

2. praising players in private chats is still a thing of chance. why? well for instance in a game of the fc bayern münchen, robben scored 2 goals and was given the note 9.4. so in a private chat i told him, that he did great and he was so frustrated about me thinking his horrible game was good, that he nearly left the club because of this.

I think the problem may be, that the game does not map the matches properly. I mean that for some players the last game is properly matched as the last game but for others it seems to be the game before the last.

3. I think it would be a good idea if you´d be able to talk to a player about his manager. Why? Well, for instance, a player wants a new contract, but his manager doesn´t like you. You offer the player a contract and the manager demands insane stuff, knowing you will not agree to his demands. When the contract negotiations thus fail, the player will be angry and you are not able to explain why the contract negotiations failed. Maybe there should be an option to be able to offer a contract to a player without having to go through the manager.

4. In the press conference one sometimes has to answer a lot of questions. The annoying thing about that is, that in the end only one of the questions seems to count as they are summorized together and the players seem to react only to this final question. That, in my mind, destroys the whole concept of press conferences.

5. The insanely good young players..... Well, when you start a new game, the players are closely matched to their real abillities. Yet when you have played a few seasons you will have guys that are barley 16 and already have, for instance as a AMR 16 crossing, 15 pace, 15 dribbling and all other attributes about 13.

5.1 While some young players seem to be born with godlike abillities, most others are so crappy they are a sore for the eyes of every football manager. How can a fc bayern münchen give a contract to guy who is 18 and has 1 strength, 1 workrate, 1 creativity and nothing else over 8? Sry but even trying to visualizing a guy with 1 strength is something hard to do. Also, these "normal" young players never seem to be able to develop even closely to being professional players. That is strange if you consider, the traininggrounds, the professional trainers and the regular exercise these guys have to go through every day. Every normal young man training 3 years daily with the fc bayern münchen is most likely to become a rather good football player. Maybe not good enough for the fc bayern, but at least good enough for the second bundesliga.

-> I think you should balance the godlike younsters and the crappy youngsters a bit closer to each other. The rest should be training, trainers and talent (so that there is a difference between a christiano ronaldo and a andreas ottl).

6. How about making the game a bit more personal? Adding something like a private life to the players and the manager. Players having to go through divorces, manager marring and having children and all that. That would add another chaosfactor to the game and would make things a lot less predictable.

7. well, can´t think of anything else, so that´s it. Over all the game is as great a game there is and you guys always have done a great job. :)

avarchillion

Archived