Lobs

zolwik

It's probably not neccessary to show. A lob is a lob - it's just a visual aid.

It's not only about visual aspect. High lob ball reaches goal much slower and gives defenders more time to react.

Youtube vids are blocked by Premiership, but I found this one: http://rutube.ru/tracks/4766730.html?v=2dba73829fcd394c5a751c2664ec67a8&autoStart=true&bmstart=1000. Look at 10:10.

The bigger problem is when players try to lob the ball into an EMPTY NET. When their goalkeeper is down or out of position, sometimes my player refuses to take a straight shot into the net and decides to lob instead, which allows the goalkeeper to recover and stop a guaranteed goal. It's simply puzzling.

I had a spanish lad who used to score like this all the time. It looks like he's slightly miss hits it in the match engine (main stand camera). The one that annoys me is the one that looks like it has been scooped and is going miles over but somehow it seems to 'hold up' (in the wind?) and drop underneath the bar.

My fav are those Matt LeTissier type lobs. Ive found that only the best players even attempt these types of shots. They look brilliant when the go in.

In fact I think SI have done a great job with the variety of goal types.

Archived