So, I made the League Cup Final

Most annoying thing is, I know I can beat them. Earlier in the season I had one of the best games I've ever had against City - away from home, they were already 3-1 up by half time.

After half time, they scored again, to make it 4-1. I thought stuff it, I'll throw everyone forward, and we then scored twice on the break, going into the last 10 minutes 4-3 down. Then my striker gets brought down in the area, and for some reason the most appropriate penalty taker on the pitch is an 18 year old Brazilian winger, who's incredibly raw and only in the team because my normal winger was injured. He stepped up and scored his first goal for the club, and somehow we held onto the result.

I say somehow because I kept throwing everyone forward because we looked capable of scoring a fifth (:D), and we were very nearly caught on the break twice in stoppage time but just about held on for the draw! Of course, FM's news reports didn't quite capture the enormity of the achievement (City have been one of the top teams in my game for a very long time), but I was pretty proud.

As for the league cup final, my top striker got himself red carded two games earlier, for a ridiculous 2-footed lunge in the 90th minute in the opposition's penalty area, when we were 2-0 up. So he was banned. Then, in the press conference, I said I would be relying on my centre-back, who is by far my best player and most consistent performer to stop City's £25m lethal striker. Regrettably, he took that to mean "haul down in the 12th minute whilst last man".

Neither of those were particularly helpful, and they're not a bad side to start with.

On the plus side, unless City crumble in the league, I think making the final means Europe next year...

Archived