Cup Error

Due to the prat in the other thread that cant read.

I started a New game so that would mean the first season given were playing football manager 2011, that would make it the 2010/2011 season. Well i am West Ham got about 12 games into it then it clicked that i had not noticed anything about the league cup, Fa Cup has been coming up but nothing about the league cup.

So typed in league cup into the search and it is there but with no fixtures what so ever, and when i go to the board room it mentions the Premier league and FA Cup but not the League cup. :confused:

What TG has said, please check the attitude at the door, if you are after help it is better if you ask for it in a polite manner.

As for your problem I can't see any reason why the game would not load up the league cup unless you've used the editor or attached a downloaded date file, are either of these the case? If not have you tired starting up a fresh game? I know it's not ideal but as you're fairly early into your save the inconvenience might be worthwhile.

Eidt: It's likely that you've done something in the editor without realising, your best option is to either restart without an edited db or to go back into the editor via the default file & make your changes again, remember to use the default file otherwise you'll just replicate the error.

What TG has said, please check the attitude at the door, if you are after help it is better if you ask for it in a polite manner.

As for your problem I can't see any reason why the game would not load up the league cup unless you've used the editor or attached a downloaded date file, are either of these the case? If not have you tired starting up a fresh game? I know it's not ideal but as you're fairly early into your save the inconvenience might be worthwhile.

I was going to but i also posted yesterday and didnt get a reply that i have noticed a issue with affiliated clubs, i might reinstall the patch then. as i have not changed anything except tacking robbie keane out

No edits for me, and I have a League Cup. Go figure.

Well done, i take it yesterday before i edited Robbie Keane the game was working perfectly for you, yet for me it was not, hence why i posted asking a question. I have also just gone into my edit and the league cup is clearly there

*go figure*

yes editing robbie keane would have wiped out the whole league cup but not one other comp *facepalm*

As I posted you've probably done something without realising, using the editor can cause problems so the best thing to do other than chuck your toys & throw insults is to delete the editted database & start again, as you are dealing with changes I would suggest that you write down each action that you take in the editor so that if the problem happens again you can make a full post in the editors hideaway, that is the corrrect forum to be asking your question in.

It may well have been a data error but it was part of the boxed/patched database, by editing this you have altered the stable data, please try what we've suggested.

What is the point of asking for help if you are just going to ignore the help that is offered? We can't magically make the league cup appear in your game after all.

And you've made no changes at all? If not I'd post this in the bug forum

Reply:

I have made a few changes nothing to the leagues just my team getting rid on an issue that i posted about on here regarding Robbie Keane

So where did you mention that the error existed before the edit then? *fail*

It may well have been a data error but it was part of the boxed/patched database, by editing this you have altered the stable data, please try what we've suggested.

What is the point of asking for help if you are just going to ignore the help that is offered? We can't magically make the league cup appear in your game after all.

I don't know why people (including me) bother with petulant kids like this.

So where did you mention that the error existed before the edit then? *fail*

He was referring to what he felt was a data error, I assumed the league cup was in that unedited save.

not really when i have a guy that posts on here that runs techguys for the whole of Norway that talked me through the one player edit on facebook.

That doesn't detract from the fact that you have 'no idea how to do the editor'. You probably still did it wrong.

I was going to but i also posted yesterday and didnt get a reply that i have noticed a issue with affiliated clubs, i might reinstall the patch then. as i have not changed anything except tacking robbie keane out
Well done, i take it yesterday before i edited Robbie Keane the game was working perfectly for you, yet for me it was not, hence why i posted asking a question. I have also just gone into my edit and the league cup is clearly there

*go figure*

i mentioned it twice i also posted a error on it over 24 hours ago and got 3 reply due to unhelpful this place is.

As for kids really lol

That doesn't detract from the fact that you have 'no idea how to do the editor'. You probably still did it wrong.
I suggest that you open a new thread in the editors forum, it is fairly obvious that your use of the editor has caused the error.

so the fact that before the editor the game was not working correctly holds no point

The league cup is on the default & subsequent patched databases so logic dictates thatit has been your use of the editor that casued the problem.

TG: You're not really helping, put the stick down. What were you saying about LLM? ;)

Yeah, yeah that's perfectly clear:

Due to the prat in the other thread that cant read.

I started a New game so that would mean the first season given were playing football manager 2011, that would make it the 2010/2011 season. Well i am West Ham got about 12 games into it then it clicked that i had not noticed anything about the league cup, Fa Cup has been coming up but nothing about the league cup.

So typed in league cup into the search and it is there but with no fixtures what so ever, and when i go to the board room it mentions the Premier league and FA Cup but not the League cup.

I have made a few changes nothing to the leagues just my team getting rid on an issue that i posted about on here regarding Robbie Keane

No wait, its not.

The league cup is on the default & subsequent patched databases so logic dictates thatit has been your use of the editor that casued the problem.

TG: You're not really helping, what were you saying about LLM being unfriendly? ;)

what like the loaning system when you send your loan player out to another English club on a season long loan yet every transfer window every signle player returns back.

what like the loaning system when you send your loan a player out to another English club on a season long loan yet every transfer window every signle player returns back.

Funny that these problems seem to exclusively affect your games isn't it?

yes its called a bug, you do realise games can get them over times.

They don't just 'get' them. The either exist or not, unless you start messing around with stuff like Robbie Keane. :rolleyes:

If it was a bug other people would have posted about it, considering its been ten months since the game was released.

Sean, I'm trying to be nice here. You've noticed a problem with your game, the error does not happen on a normal boxed/downloaded version of the game either with the default or a patched database, you then use the editor & the error is noticed, this means you're either using an illegal copy of the game (not suggesting that you are btw) or the edited database you are using has an error which was probably cause by mistakenly altering an addition file in the database.

The data mistake that you noticed is not relevant to your problem, your issue is what you've done while trying to correct the error. I accept that you did not mean to delete the league cup but by your own admission you're unfamiliar with the data editor so it is plausible that you have made additional changes by mistake.

Can you please load up a game with the default database & let us know if the league cup is still missing.

They don't just 'get' them. The either exist or not, unless you start messing around with stuff like Robbie Keane. :rolleyes:

If it was a bug other people would have posted about it, considering its been ten months since the game was released.

Lol bugs can be picked up at any time on any game, a remember last season thousands of people getting a certain but yet thousands didn't

At the end of the day, you dont have the league cup, and I take it you dont really want to continue a save that doesnt have it. So why dont you listen to what people are telling you and start a new save WITHOUT the edit to see if the cup returns. If it does, you can carry on playing.

Lol bugs can be picked up at any time on any game, a remember last season thousands of people getting a certain but yet thousands didn't

Uh huh, the fact that 'thousands' got it but 'thousands' didn't suggests that the bug existed, and was triggered by something people did or didn't do. The fact that you're the only person with these issues suggests you've effed your game up because you're a moron.

Sean, I'm trying to be nice here. You've noticed a problem with your game, the error does not happen on a normal boxed/downloaded version of the game either with the default or a patched database, you then use the editor & the error is noticed, this means you're either using an illegal copy of the game (not suggesting that you are btw) or the edited database you are using has an error which was probably cause by mistakenly altering an addition file in the database.

The data mistake that you noticed is not relevant to your problem, your issue is what you've done while trying to correct the error. I accept that you did not mean to delete the league cup but by your own admission you're unfamiliar with the data editor so it is plausible that you have made additional changes by mistake.

Can you please load up a game with the default database & let us know if the league cup is still missing.

i can guarantee you im not using a illegal copy i have the box and im playing Via steam.

i have reset everything back to normal, but il still get the loan issue

Uh huh, the fact that 'thousands' got it but 'thousands' didn't suggests that the bug existed, and was triggered by something people did or didn't do. The fact that you're the only person with these issues suggests you've effed your game up because you're a moron.

nice one prat were about in Canterbury are you, given i live there as well, maybe ya like to call me a moron to my face :thup:

maybe i could show you also that when i send a player out on a season long loan on July he comes back every ****ing season in Jan.

You will get the loan problem, the key question is after starting with the default database (this is important it has to be the unedited default db on the dropdown box) does the league cup appear in the new game?

Stop with the childish posting mate, I'd imagine your are running very close to an infraction or just a straight up ban.

Archived