Manage Anywhere, Anytime

How will the squads work with this new feature. As most of you would know on the current games the teams in the nations you havent included have alot of players missing. So does this new feature mean that squads will be full for those nations not included from the start of the game, or will it mean that if you added a new nation during the game the team will be missing most of their players?

Cheers

After listening to the frist podcast the way I understand it is that when you get to the season update point the game will simulate the club/player history for the aditional league(s) you've selected, this means that clubs & players who are not currently in your games database will be generated for the next season.

The only problem I see is that the majority of people who liked the idea of this are most likely those who have lower spec systems & I fear that there will be a mountain of threads complaing that the season update/simulation process takes too long.

If you select to load a new league, the players will be added but I read in of the threads that the histories wont be, so if you clicked on a player and viewed his history it would show that he has played no games in the years previous apart from players already in the game at the start i.e teams in european competitions, whilst the team has some players it doesn't have all of them.

So to sumerise if you didn't have italy marked has playable at the start of your save then after a season or two you decided to make it playable, the team that were in the european cup like milan, the main players will have a history but the new loaded plays say U18s for example wont have histories.

im currently on the fence on wether or not to buy FM12. Ive lost a lot of interest in fm at the moment but with the option of adding/removing leagues in Fm12 it seems to be pulling me to buy it for that reason only. However does anyone have an idea on how it will work? Say for instance im managing in India and decide i want to move soon without quitting my current job. Will i be able to see and approach jobs in different countries? As i dont really want to have to quit my job load up another league apply for that job and then get turned down. So that will leave me stuck with no job whatsoever espite the fact i didnt really want to quit my previous job until i knew my application was accepted.?

What do you think? I hope it comes across in what i actually mean here. Nice 1

I do not see how you will be notified of vacancies in leagues that are not currently active in your save, I wait to be proven otherwise but I imagine you will have to add the league(s) & wait for jobs to come up.

But non-playable leagues are ALREADY simulated in some capacity... so I can't see why that should be different next year...

If in your current save you don't have Germany selected as active league, the players in Bundesliga are still given match stats, the managers are still getting sacked etc etc

The only issue could be if they don't improve the manager hiring/sacking/not-renewing situation... Otherwise you could absolutely get the news about "Bayern won't offer a new contract to ____" so if you want to manage in Germany you'll have to activate the league and you'd get the chance to apply for the Bayern job on the first day of the new season.

This new feature is, frankly, the biggest thing since the visual Match Engine... it will change the way we play FM forever and, no matter how perfectible it'll be in the early stages, it's a monumental step forward.

No more need to abandon a save when bored, no more starting over because you wanted to manage in Singapore after all...

• 1 month later...

Archived