Does the AI acknowledge the actual league table when making comments?

Some comments from managers are ridiculous on this game. I am currently 18 points clear at the top of the Championship after 31 matches and 24 points ahead of 3rd place. The manager of the team in 5th says we are not ready to get promoted yet but with a few signings we might be contenders next season. I was also 15 points clear after 20 games or so and I played West Brom who I thrashed 5-1 at their own ground, after the match their manager said I was out of my depth.

So does the AI actually take into account how many points clear we are or does it just see you as being top of the league?

They might be referring to whether you are ready for promotion, there are countless tales of teams that have a wonderful season where everything just seems to click but all they are doing is heading for long term failure as a season in the division above could result in them taking a backward step.

Unfortunately this is probably not the case & the AI is just looking at your start of season expecations.

Sometimes the AI managers comments dont make any sence. Like after a big 2in by 4 or 5 goals, the AI manager questioning our aprouch.

I do like 'they would be more successful if they shot rather than looking to pass the ball in..', what about our 17 shots on goal in a 3-0 win you idiot?!?

They might be referring to whether you are ready for promotion, there are countless tales of teams that have a wonderful season where everything just seems to click but all they are doing is heading for long term failure as a season in the division above could result in them taking a backward step.

I dont think so. I dont believe that AI is so "I" to make that kind of comment! The AI comments are basic mind games to put some pressure on human managers.

Unfortunately this is probably not the case & the AI is just looking at your start of season expecations.

I do like 'they would be more successful if they shot rather than looking to pass the ball in..', what about our 17 shots on goal in a 3-0 win you idiot?!?

I don't agree if that were true they would not say we could be contenders for promotion next season with a few signings.

The shoot rather than pass is the most annoying of all comments.

I just faced the manager that said we could be ready next season with a few signings, I destroyed his team 6-2. There is no real option to say what I want to say to him I can say I hate him or say he is a crap manager. I would like to sarcastically say after that performance we need a few more signings, I thought of saying I was jealous of his wonderful squad and wish I had players that good at my disposal but I doubt the AI recognises sarcasm.

A slight segway but still on the topic of AI interaction...I wish the press would stop asking me about taking a player off when they have scored two goals, why are hattricks regarding as being so important that the questions must be asked every single time? I cannot remember the last time this was asked by a reporter IRL, needs to be removed from the question set.

Meh the manager interaction thing is worse than usual in FM11... and that's saying something!

AI managers who have won absolutely nothing still have the nerve of questioning my approach or our chances of winning... And the press still report that and I'm even expected to respond to such nonsense...

Wouldn't, say, Ian Holloway get laughed out of the stadium should he start to ramble about Sir Alex Ferguson's ability?

Where's the "just STFU, you jealous loser!" answer? ;)

I don't understand how this feature has gotten so bad. At least on older versions if a manager liked or disliked you it seemed to stay consistent.

Now it's just a non-sensical mess. Managers make disparaging remarks, then are your best friends the next time you play, then back to hating, then back to friends. Their comments have absolutely no relevance to the result or the league table, and for a feature that should be in the game, it's just a tacky inconvenience.

Comments from other managers are really poor. I'm constantly getting lstaed by other manages. It just doesn't happen that often in real life.

Also, I'm top of the Hall of Fame yet some managers come out and say things like "the job is too big for me" and "I haven;t got what it takes"

Ridiculous

Compare and contrast the following.

What goes on in the clearly delirious mind of Rui Vitória, fresh off a 6-0 loss to my B-team/fresh cadre of newgens:

Aske%20Pedersen%20%28News_%20Inbox%29.png

And reality...

Liga%20ZON%20Sagres%20%28Information_%20League%20Table%29.png

I think we might just edge the league again.

This feature is beyond defensible at this point. Clearly broken. Hope it's dealt with by FM12, or at least, as mentioned, make it possible to interact better (ie. more viciously ;)) with the other managers.

Archived