Some ideas for improvements on my PC for the upcoming FM 2012

With FM12 being announced as coming out next month, I was wondering if someone could direct me in the write way to go in improving my computer, specifically my video card, so it will run the new game without problems. I currently have a 3 core processor, 4GB Ram, integrated video running at 512MBs ram. Fm11 runs okay but only on the basic specs running the 3D match engine. My plan is to upgrade the ram to 6GB (I have windows 7 64 bit) but I would like to know from users experiences what a good video card would be for around or under $100. I used a PCI express port and the card needs to have HDMI support.

I had searched the forums but not found anything comprehensive on this. Not asking for a lot, just anyone who's had sucess with a particular card to give me a heads up.

Thanks

Nathan

With FM12 being announced as coming out next month, I was wondering if someone could direct me in the write way to go in improving my computer, specifically my video card, so it will run the new game without problems. I currently have a 3 core processor, 4GB Ram, integrated video running at 512MBs ram. Fm11 runs okay but only on the basic specs running the 3D match engine. My plan is to upgrade the ram to 6GB (I have windows 7 64 bit) but I would like to know from users experiences what a good video card would be for around or under $100. I used a PCI express port and the card needs to have HDMI support.

I had searched the forums but not found anything comprehensive on this. Not asking for a lot, just anyone who's had sucess with a particular card to give me a heads up.

Thanks

Nathan

Don't worry about RAM, 4gb is enough and you won't notice any difference with 6gb. Any 'mid-range' card should be more than sufficient, something alonf the lines of ATI 5770/6850 or NVIDIA 460. If you don't have that much shoot for Nvidia 440 or similar (should be around 60-100 but not entirely sure because I live in Australia).

The most significant imporvement you could make would be CPU. As you have 3 cores I am guessing AMD? If it is supported, I suggest one of the phenom 2 six core processors - X6 1090 etc. Any of those would give you a real boost.

Archived