The Best Affiliate For Loaning Players

I have asked my club to provide a feeder team so I can send my future stars on loan and get good first team experience. I am a Premier League club and have got back clubs from different levels. I have narrowed it down to two. Both League One clubs, one, a solid mid-table club and the other that is likely to be relegated. So where should I send my players? A solid mid-table club would provide good all round experience from winning and losing the same amount of games though out the season. They will learn how to play good football and experience winning and they will struggle against top division clubs to experience losing. Or I could send them to the relegation favorites, this will be a harsh lesson and most likely lose most of their games, struggling against pretty much every team. I think stronger personalities would handle this OK, weaker ones may result in low moral. But may come back stronger for it. My lads could go there and bond well and take the struggling team to a good mid-table finish resulting in stronger learning experience.

Am I reading too much into this? Does it really matter what club I pick as an affiliate? As long as they're getting first team football that's all that matters, right?

I read some good advice on this once, but can't remember who posted it or the thread, but it recommended looking more at the manager of the clubs than the club itself. Ideally you want someone who has good attributes for working with youngsters and man management, which should help in his development.

It was SFraser, but I don't think that is what he was getting at. Always choose the club you think will give your player the best chance of success in as many matches as possible.

You should thoroughly check the manager and the club, and investigate anything dodgy, e.g. loads of injuries, poor squad morale, terrible manager about to lose his job, etc. but make sure your player has an edge over the club's players who play in the same position or they might not get enough gametime.

Excellent advice here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters

• 4 months later...

I have a game going as Blackpool and I have an affiliated club called Inter Zapresic, who are in the Croatian Second Division. I don't have the Croatian league running at all, so Inter Zapresic's staff page is blank and their facilities are all adequate. For some reason though, when I send players on loan to Inter Zapresic (to gain Croatian nationality mainly) they improve far more rapidly than if I send players on loan to decent Serie A or La Liga clubs for example. This has been the case for at least thirty players over a number of seasons and I can't quite work out why this would be? Anyone else experienced anything like this?

If my U23 is in a non-playable league, is it better to loan my talents out (ie. feederclub) or keep them with my high standard training facilities/coaches?

The problem: i cant see results or do anything with my U23. Perhaps i just as well can give up my U23 squad?

Playing with Bayern Munich if that makes a difference.

Archived