Physios- almost useless?

I've never noticed a difference, I've been at clubs when a physio has had about an 8 for that area and I've never noticed a difference between him and someone who had a 20!

I believe that it was in the FM11 (or perhaps even FM10) announcement that physio's started contributing to reduce player injuries, not just predict the length of the injuries. Haven't tested this at all, but the link to the Dugout analysis would seem to bear this out that this is now the case. I think the game hint perhaps hasn't been updated to match the actual behaviour, however.

Ah, yes! Pompey_Dan's physio analysis. Great read, that.

Long story short, having multiple physios seems pointless, only stat that seems to have an affect is Physiotherapy. = Get one physio with very high Physio stat, and low everything else to save yourself some money.

the only difference i found was in the prediction. it was a more wider prediction in physios who weren't classed as being that good.

i did feel that players came back from injury faster though. This is solely based on the type of injury and the difference in time out for that injury, but with different physios and different amounts of physios.

I believe that it was in the FM11 (or perhaps even FM10) announcement that physio's started contributing to reduce player injuries, not just predict the length of the injuries. Haven't tested this at all, but the link to the Dugout analysis would seem to bear this out that this is now the case. I think the game hint perhaps hasn't been updated to match the actual behaviour, however.

It's in the Fm10 and Fm11 manuals:-

Physiotherapy

This attribute is exclusively for use with Physiotherapists. Having a Physio with a high rating in this attribute is something you should always look to have. If possible, have at least three Physios with high ratings for this attribute to ensure your players receive high-quality treatment to both prevent and rehabilitate injuries

thats an interesting read, but i think it merely shows that in game works the same as in real life.

if a physio with high ability in physiothery can get a player with a sprianed ankle back in four weeks, is it really that reasonable to expect a physio with high determination to get that player back any quicker?

there is only so much you can do to get a plyaer back from injury. There's no super-human abilities here that allow the player to get back to playing within4 days.

i suppose its the same with multiple physios. you could have 10 physios in real life but the players body can only heal at a finite speed.

The key attributes for Physio's aren't Determination or Discipline...

Physiotherapy, obviously is the most important. The second most important attribute for a good physio is motivating. The third most important attribute is man-management. Get a physio that has high numbers in all and you will get yourself a World Class physio... (it doesn't harm to have high fitness ratings too ;) )

then do your tests... I bet you'll find that the better your physio is in all the above three attributes, the quicker your players will recover from injury :thup:

ä Physio's role should also be to contribute to preventing that injuries occur - a good physiotherapist would be one that gives good advice to players how to avoid certain types of injuries and as far as i know players do get massage even when they are not injured and i guess there is a reason why they get a massage, namly because its good as a preventive measure against some types of injuries so quite frankly i'm dissapointed that physios do not play a bigger role in the game

Archived